Bag options for SR357 Givi mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazza

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am looking for a small bag for day rides wether it be soft or hard that will slip strait on to the SR357 monokey mount. Can't seem to find anything at this stage around the 20 litre or helmet size that will fit strait on there. Any ideas???

Thanks a ton

Gazza

I have and like the Cortech tailbag although I'd doubt you'd get a helmet in there. Right now it sits nicely on the passenger seat but on my '04 it used to sit on the rear rack. One issue may be which Monokey mount you're currently using. I found the toilet seat (M5 plate) useless for holding anything other than the box and other options may offer more potential. Something custom like here or from Givi such as these.

I've tried to use the monokey mount as a luggage rack before and like BigOgre, I had a hard time getting it to work with anything other than a Givi top case. So when I need to carry something and don't want to mount the top case, I will strap it to the rear seat. I've been thinking about getting a dedicated tail bag that I could strap to the seat. Nelson Rigg has a couple of options.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Looks like if i'm going the soft option i need something i can strap to the SR357 i guess.

Regards

Gazza