Bag protection

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PROUD LEO

Reaction score
Is there anything around that will protect the bags on our FJR's. OK don't flame me but I've had each of my bags repainted. One for scratches, the other when I dropped the bike. What's a fellow to do?

Go to any Arts and Crafts store....JoAnn Fabrics ect.......they sell different mil thickness of clear plastic for pennies a foot....cut what you need. You can probably get what you need for $5.00.

There are Canyon Cages and 905 Racing. Both companies make bars that will protect the bike during a fall; including the rear bags.

You probably want to look to see which setup works better for you.

You can more easily search using Google: Canyon Cages; site:FJRforum: https://www.google.com/#q=canyon+Cages%3B+site%3A+fjrforum&safe=active

Or you can search using: 905 Crash Bars; site: FJRForum.

either of those will give you numerous hits.

Also, Canyon Cages has a huge write-up over on FJRiders.com.

Edited to add: What I posted is only for drop protection. The other two posts mention good solutions to boot scuffs and scratches caused by equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
or just screw it. my pillion has just about kicked all the paint off the right side bag, now I just need her to mount the bike from the other side to make it match the right side bag. If you ride em enough, they're gonna get F**ked up, thats just the way it is.

Go to MC Enterprises on the internet. Their FJR side bag protector bars are very functional and also look very good.

Bill

For scuff protection I've used the shield kits from Premier Cycle Accessories. They're currently transitioning their business model and selling only those products they make themselves. I think the die cut scuff kits qualify. I just bought a kit a few weeks back from them for my '13. The web site's not responding at the moment so I can't provide a link to the specific kit. They sell all size kits but offer one just for the side bags.

Gary