Bag protection

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobG

Reaction score
Has anyone found, or has a link to a product I can put over the side bags to protect the paint, when the bike is dropped. For slow speed, none moving, type of drops. Like in the parking lot, etc.

My son already dropped it, I told him to sacrifice his body to protect the paint. But nooo, he let the bike hit the ground. I let him know, "his skin grows back for free, or we could take some off his ass, but the paint on the bike costs plenty to replace".

He knows I am joking.

If someone could point I will head that way.

Thanks

Bob

You can go to bikeeffects site, they have some that cover the top part. Now that I think about it, they're to protect if from kicking it when you get on/off. I'd say just don't drop it, but that hasn't worked for me so far!

He knows I am joking.
I wouldn't have been.

Damn! Second guy within a week to report his son abusing his poor FJR.

Not really anything to protect from drops that I am aware of other than spraying the bottom with truck bed liner. There are the below options, but they are primarily for protection from peeps scuffing the bags with their boots.

You can click HERE for a completely gay-assed solution that gerbil boy TWN once incessantly extolled the virtues of. Well, he has been quiet about these crimes of humanity for a long time now. Gee, wonder why.

Then there is the TANKSLAPPER kit.

You can go to bikeeffects site, they have some that cover the top part. Now that I think about it, they're to protect if from kicking it when you get on/off. I'd say just don't drop it, but that hasn't worked for me so far!
These wont help you in a tip-over but offer some protection from rock chips, etc.

Sargent Case Protector for the FJR1300

th_IMG_0630.jpg
th_IMG_0626.jpg
I used the Idea of bed liner paint and am trying this stuff. I will see if it last. It is 6" grip tape from 3M. it is like glued on sand paper.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is another product that you can buy from Pep Boys? that will bond along the side of the case. Their sold as some sort of protector. TurboDave uses them on his bikes, so maybe he'll be along to post up some photo's.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is another product that you can buy from Pep Boys? that will bond along the side of the case. Their sold as some sort of protector. TurboDave uses them on his bikes, so maybe he'll be along to post up some photo's.
I have the PepBoy guards on mine,don't know of they work or not, as I haven't dropped it. I know at most any speed, they wouldn't help much, as they're pretty soft. My last picture attempt was a hour of futility. Every site has their own way, can't remember them all.