Bagster

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent

Who said FJR's don't do dirt?
Reaction score
I just recieved my Bagster and Minea tank bag for my '07 :D

Popped on easy enough even tho instructioins were not provided with the Bagster. The color is not a 100% match, but close enough for me. The tank bag clips on fairly easy as well. The Minea is expandable and has straps so it can be worn as a back pack too. I'll have to wait till it's light out to snap a few real photos to show it off, so far I'm diggin it! B)

Just had to share B)

I just recieved my Bagster and Minea tank bag for my '07 :D
Popped on easy enough even tho instructioins were not provided with the Bagster. The color is not a 100% match, but close enough for me. The tank bag clips on fairly easy as well. The Minea is expandable and has straps so it can be worn as a back pack too. I'll have to wait till it's light out to snap a few real photos to show it off, so far I'm diggin it! B)

Just had to share B)
1272 posts and you don't know enough to wait until the pics are ready? Noob. :p

Ok, you asked for it B)

Bagster 07

DSC_3611.jpg

From the top

DSC_3612.jpg

With Minea bag

DSC_3613.jpg

Expanded Minea bag

DSC_3614.jpg

In daylight I think the colors will look a bit closer. These were taken under flourescent lights with a flash.

So, where do you hang the fuzzy dice? I haven't seen that much fur on a bike...ever!

I do like the cover and bag though!

Ok, you asked for it B) ...

Expanded Minea bag

DSC_3614.jpg

In daylight I think the colors will look a bit closer. These were taken under flourescent lights with a flash.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's a close enough match but, then again, I'm a tad color-blind.

Can moisture and debris get under the Bagster?

Is that a butt duster????... I wasn't thinking fuzzie dice... more like gold chains with a pimpin walking stick!! :D :D

I like that where did you get from and will it leave any scrathes on tank?
I don't have the link ATM since I'm at work, but it's a place out in Il somewhere. I'll post up a link when I get home later tonight. There's a foam padding under the bagster, you clean the tank before installing, and it seals failry well. I can see some dirt and moisture getting in around the gas fill, but not enough to do any harm IMO. It's not that hard to take off to clean the tank either. 2 straps and 2 quick clips.

I think it's a close enough match but, then again, I'm a tad color-blind.
Can moisture and debris get under the Bagster?
I'm thinking it looks alot closer in person than with the flash at night. I can see it being possible for moisture and debris to get in there, but not alot IMO.

EDITED to add Ride Addict link B)

I'm not sure I'm getting the whole Bagster thing. :unsure: What exactly is that for? Kinda like putting a bag over a supermodel....

I'm not sure I'm getting the whole Bagster thing. :unsure: What exactly is that for? Kinda like putting a bag over a supermodel....
Yea, I get the same impression. Unless it's scratched up and you don't want to get it repainted.. It's seems a little like the bag on the supermodel idea. :blink:

It protects the paint and provides insulation from the heat (I have an '04). The bra protects the tank from scratches, so that the next guy can enjoy the look - yes I see the flaw in logic. But you do get a higher coefficient of friction for gripping the tank with your knees.

The integrated bag attachment points are very well thought out. Release the rear clips and lift the bag to fuel the bike.

The bags would be interchangeable between bikes.

There are many different bags you can use with the system.

A bit pricey, but I think worth the money.

Here is my bike last year with a Medea bag. (I have gone to a Sherpa since.)

P1010033-1.jpg

Nice, Silent, looks like yah spent your dollars wisely.
Speaking of dollars... How much and where do you find them?
Paid right around $350 for the Bagster and bag from Ride Addict took them about 3 weeks to deliver.

I went with the Bagster because my Kevlar suit is starting to rub the clear coat off of the tank, and I felt this was a nicer alternative to a clear plastic film or painters tape. I also refuse to run a magnetic tank bag because they always scratch my tank. With the Bagster, I get the protection and the tank bag I desire without scratching things up. :dirol:

Looks ok to me

but I'm not fond of tank condoms...in my opinion it takes away from the overall look of the bike...

Hey that's what it's all about different folks different strokes