Baker Air wings

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Air Wings mounted on my '07, and you simply remove the one black screw at the bottom of the vertical black dash panels. The mounting bracket is simply meant to seat in that lower radius, with a bumper on each side to protect the paint and the panels. They supply a new longer screw and rubber washer (spacer) to fit in the OEM screw recess. The bracket has a twist in it on the outer part, which orients the Air Wings vertically. Installation takes all of 5 minutes. Sorry, I don't have pictures. To me, they look fine and do not detract from the look of the bike. From my Goldwing experience, trust me the light smoke look better and don't look so obvious.

As for function, with the OEM windshield they work great. If you have one that is slightly wider, you will find the air flow changes (more flow) if you raise the windshield a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put baker wings on my Gen 1. they kept sagging, would not stay oriented level despite repeated attempts to re-install.

finally stripped off the supplied adhesive "buttons" amd attached a relatively large patch of velcro (1 X 2") to the bike and the matching velcro on the bracket. so far this has worked.

I put baker wings on my Gen 1. they kept sagging, would not stay oriented level despite repeated attempts to re-install.
finally stripped off the supplied adhesive "buttons" amd attached a relatively large patch of velcro (1 X 2") to the bike and the matching velcro on the bracket. so far this has worked.
Interesting. When I got the Baker Air Wings, I don't remember any "adhesive buttons." Mine were completely "bolt-on."

Once positioned, they've never moved...except when I reposition them.