Balanced and Flow Tested Injectors - Interested?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
I have 12 used Gen 2 injectors sitting on the bench. Thinking of sending them to Russ Collins Engineering https://www.rcfuelinjection.com/Store/c ... r-cleaning for cleaning, refurb, flow balance and match. By 'match' I mean the 4 most equal FI comprise set 1, the next best 4 is set 2, etc. Gen 3 injectors are different. Not sure about Gen 1.From factory, each injector has +/- 10% acceptance criteria. Refurbed units from RC are much tighter than factory specs. Depending upon your injector status, results are slightly to significantly better.Each refurb injector costs $25. I have 12, $500, o u c h.So then, any interest out there to install matched injectors for an even smoother more powerful FJR? If so, I imagine something like this...* I send 12 injectors to RCE, pay the overall price* You pay me, and shipping, I ship refurb units to you* You then send your injectors to me* I get first pick, then whoever PM's me first gets 2nd pick etc.If no interest, no big deal, just thought I'd throw the offer out there...

i had RC do mine and found 1 injector was leaking and 2 were at 50% and they only had 25k on them. Well worth the money.

So far no fjrforum interest..

Data sheet. 
1.jpg

2021-02-03 RC Engineering Cleaned Fuel Injectors Arrivve

Been chasing intermittent rough running and stumbling on KrZy8. Purchased yet another FI fuel rail from eBay, installed it. Decided to send 12 injectors to RC Engineering for cleaning and balance. Offered the second-best matched group of 4 to FjrForum and FjRider peeps. Duane, 1911, took me up on the offer.

​

Not cheap but worth the $$$

Boxing

Apparently RCE is now manufacturing injectors.

1911's set of 4

My set

Spares

Old filters

​

Add new comment

Still waiting on new fuel pp from mammayama. 
Decided not to try one of the aftermarket pump kits (or one of the eBay ones I linked)?

I suppose that you KNOW a new one will work without farting around with it.  I would save the old housing and sender unit to attempt to restore as a spare.  Will be interesting to see if it is just plain worn out, an intermittent connection or if the pickup screen is plugged.

Decided not to try one of the aftermarket pump kits (or one of the eBay ones I linked)?

I suppose that you KNOW a new one will work without farting around with it.  I would save the old housing and sender unit to attempt to restore as a spare.  Will be interesting to see if it is just plain worn out, an intermittent connection or if the pickup screen is plugged.
My plan is rebuild it using one like you linked... then add length to fuel line... use it as a 'test' pump for FJR's on the lift. And yes, for the $$, decided a new oem was best.