Bar end mirrors?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck35

Reaction score
I was browsing mirrors on ebay and came across bar end ones. It might be nice for the aerodynamics to get those big things off the fairings.

My main concern is that I'd only be able to see my elbows.

Has anyone tried them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope.. I figure why make a perceived bad thing worse..
I never noticed the maps in your sig before. I guess they show the areas you have ridden. How did you do this? (no the map)

I'd like one also. I have ridden in 3 states so far lol and plan to add at least 2 this month. It would be 3 but SC pisses me off.

I tried bar end mirrors on my old Triumph back in the day as the as the bar mounted 'rabbit ear' type used to slowly fold back at speed.Just could not get them tight enough!

Bar ends though, great vision but look pants, or that's what I thought back then.

Oh the impetuousness(?) of youth.

Besides, wouldn't they be much the same? Aerodynamically I mean.

Besides, wouldn't they be much the same? Aerodynamically I mean.
I'm thinking any turbulence they induced would be behind the me.
Speaking aerodynamics, I have noticed that the mirrors drastically decrease the amount of debris, bugs, and other stuff that would normally hit my hands while riding. I can't imagine that this is a coincidence.

One thing to consider if you're pondering bar end mirrors on the FJR - I'm thinking they could hit your windshield once you get towards full-lock, and you prolly couldn't use a dash shelf if you have one or are considering one. I make these points due to the closer clearances I have on my bike due to the Strom handguards I have on there.

Plus, wouldn't your mirrors be WAY outta your sight line?

Yeah, good point.

I do remember you just angled them so only needed to glance either way to see behind w/o moving your head, but granted, you are taking your eye off the road ahead.

They were pretty good as far as getting a wide view behind but you do have to bear in mind the extra width they add to the bars if you have any tight maneouvering to do.

BUT they do fold, I'm sure.

I have them on my FZ1 and they are great. The stock mirrors on the FZ1 allowed you to get a great view of your elbows and that is about it.But the bar end mirrors provide you with a much better view all around. I don't believe they are the ones you are speaking of though, as these don't screw into the end, they just attach to the bar end. Here is what I have.

IMG_1446.jpg

Not the best picture but you get the idea.

I have them on my FZ1 and they are great. The stock mirrors on the FZ1 allowed you to get a great view of your elbows and that is about it.But the bar end mirrors provide you with a much better view all around. I don't believe they are the ones you are speaking of though, as these don't screw into the end, they just attach to the bar end. Here is what I have.

Actually I'd rather not remove my bar end weights...these would be perfect!

Where did you get them? brand etc....

I just noticed the block off plates in the pic...where from?

Yer new here ain't ya Chuck?? Not only do these thing vibrate like a post orgasmic lamb.. they.................................

Are too hot, the stock saddle sucks, they tip over because the sidestand is poorly designed, windscreen is inadequate, the handgrips are shit , suspension sucks, they need another gear,throttle is too stiff...... I could go on, but I don't wanna hog sharing all the shit that is wrong with this shitbag platform..

Yet people are still buyin? Go figger.

Yer new here ain't ya Chuck?? Not only do these thing vibrate like a post orgasmic lamb.. they.................................

Are too hot, the stock saddle sucks, they tip over because the sidestand is poorly designed, windscreen is inadequate, the handgrips are shit , suspension sucks, they need another gear,throttle is too stiff...... I could go on, but I don't wanna hog sharing all the shit that is wrong with this shitbag platform..

Yet people are still buyin? Go figger.

I see you have the Gen 1 version... :assassin:

Actually I'd rather not remove my bar end weights...these would be perfect!

Where did you get them? brand etc....

I just noticed the block off plates in the pic...where from?
All of the items you are asking about are from Rizoma and can be obtained from www.pjsparts.com PJ's Parts gives great service and very good prices

I have those same items on my 2003 FZ1 and I plan on installing them on my 2003 FJR this winter.

Nick is correct, PJ's parts has it all. On my FZ1 there are no vibrations and you can see out of the mirrors just great, but to put them on the FJR not too sure how well they would work as far as vibrations go.

Mirrors are the same as these :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Reversible-Handlebar-Bar-End-Rearview-Mirror-for-Honda-Yamaha-Suzuki-/120938853746?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AYamaha|Model%3AFJR&hash=item1c28847572&vxp=mtr

and covers were purchased from someone on the FZ1 forum.