Bar end weights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spridal

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have decided to remove the throttlemeister and replace them with regular bar weights. The problem is, I am not sure how to press the rubber threaded sleeve that the original bar weight bolts to back into the bar. If anyone can give any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Someone here said that they're a friction fit.

Use the search.

My ends sit a bit too far out. I was supposed to see about pushing the mounts further into the bars but never got to it.

There may be a bit of adhesive on when they install them so could be pretty hard to budge.

Grip solvent would help before you tried.

Hi All,I have decided to remove the throttlemeister and replace them with regular bar weights. The problem is, I am not sure how to press the rubber threaded sleeve that the original bar weight bolts to back into the bar. If anyone can give any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
Without extreme force with a hammer, you might try freezing the sleeve first, while they're in the freezer, then use your curling iron to see if it will fit in the bars so to heat the inner bar.

My imagination tells me that after a few hours of heat and overnight freezing, they would slide right in.

I didn't have the patience for that and used extreme force instead. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a socket in the tool box that was just under the size of the insert and drove it in with a hammer. If you are worried about fit you could use a little loc-tite. Mine holds just fine. :D