bar risers for Gen 2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingz06

Reaction score
Why doesnt someone make riser blocks for Gen 2? I would like to move the bars more than the factory allows and something easier than the helibar clamp install.

Why doesnt someone make riser blocks for Gen 2? I would like to move the bars more than the factory allows and something easier than the helibar clamp install.

i installed these

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-2010-Yamaha-FJR-1300-FJR1300-Handlebar-Risers-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0d8f4790QQitemZ180616120208QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Do you have a pic of them installed? How do you like them?
They really help my wrists. installation does involve removing the bars and tripletree and cutting the wire harness. It's all out there on the web... Sorry, it's dark in the garage.

1165733186_7Tedu-X2.jpg

i installed these

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-2010-Yamaha-FJR-1300-FJR1300-Handlebar-Risers-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0d8f4790QQitemZ180616120208QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Do you have a pic of them installed? How do you like them?
They really help my wrists. installation does involve removing the bars and tripletree and cutting the wire harness. It's all out there on the web... Sorry, it's dark in the garage.

1165733186_7Tedu-X2.jpg
I thought the great thing about these was that you DON'T have to hack the harness?

you dont have to punch out the lock but you do have to remove that plate with the wire cages

They look like gen mar bar risers? I installed these and you don't have to cut the wire harness. But, you do have to cut through the metal bracket (10 gauge or so) with a stout pair of wire cutters. I did not replace this "wire harness bracket" however, don't make same mistake i did and later throw away the wire bracket. It holds the stock bolts which have a machined hole with threads in the end to hold the handle bar bolt cover plate on. I wish I had them so I could go back to stock setting when I feel like it.

They look like gen mar bar risers? I installed these and you don't have to cut the wire harness. But, you do have to cut through the metal bracket (10 gauge or so) with a stout pair of wire cutters. I did not replace this "wire harness bracket" however, don't make same mistake i did and later throw away the wire bracket. It holds the stock bolts which have a machined hole with threads in the end to hold the handle bar bolt cover plate on. I wish I had them so I could go back to stock setting when I feel like it.

Uh.. I suppose what I meant was that I had to cut off the metal bracket as you describe, not the wire harness. I used a dremel. And I did save the plate that holds the stock bolts :)

Was searching ebay for something else,

and saw that there were a couple different handlebar risers 1" for GEN 2.

Prices were from $59-$69, had 4 bolts that came with it.

I have looked everywhere on the net for bar risers that move the bars up and BACK and the only thing I can find are the Helibars, which cost $325.00 plus ( if you are not handy like me) about $140.00 to have them installed. The Gen II FJR must be the only bike out there where inexpensive bar backs are not available.

I have looked everywhere on the net for bar risers that move the bars up and BACK and the only thing I can find are the Helibars, which cost $325.00 plus ( if you are not handy like me) about $140.00 to have them installed. The Gen II FJR must be the only bike out there where inexpensive bar backs are not available.
You think that's tough: I've been looking for a year for a good solution to move the bars DOWN and FORWARD. Speigler makes a nice tubular bar conversion kit for the Gen 1, but there is NOTHING out there for a Gen 2.

The FJR is a great bike; Honda has to make three models to compete. I can certainly see that there are a lot of you guys out there trying to make your FJRs' bar position more "Goldwing-like", but I would really like to make mine more "VFR-like".

You think that's tough: I've been looking for a year for a good solution to move the bars DOWN and FORWARD. Speigler makes a nice tubular bar conversion kit for the Gen 1, but there is NOTHING out there for a Gen 2.

The FJR is a great bike; Honda has to make three models to compete. I can certainly see that there are a lot of you guys out there trying to make your FJRs' bar position more "Goldwing-like", but I would really like to make mine more "VFR-like".
Risers or no risers, you can remove one (inboard or outboard or both) of the locating pins on the bars (or the risers) and they will then rotate. You choose which pin or rotation, you'll see once you unbolt them. The pins are pressed in. I removed my inboard pins and rotated the bars back about 1/2", they will go back about 1" IIRC.