bar risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered the heli's I found a place in NC for "spoiled bikers" that has free shipping, ram ball included and cheaper balls and mounts. I saved around $45.

Anyone that has installed the MCL Riser plate, do you notice a difference in the air flow off the windshield? When I sit in a simulated position that the MCL plate would put you in, I am in turbulent air. I figure if I get the riser plate, I may have to purchase another windshield.

Anyone that has installed the MCL Riser plate, do you notice a difference in the air flow off the windshield? When I sit in a simulated position that the MCL plate would put you in, I am in turbulent air. I figure if I get the riser plate, I may have to purchase another windshield.
I have double risers and recently remounted the V-Stream, 05FJR. I did have a large CeeBaliey on it during winter. The V-Stream is so much quieter and is in the perfect position when lowered. I raise it for rain and sometimes on the interstate is about it.

I did have the Rifle tuning block on with several different windshields but putting the V back on after each try out I have now found nirvana.

I'll be putting both the Rifle and Cee up for sale once I get a chance to get them down and measured.

Where did you get your SS lines? I'd like to use the ones I have on another bike I've been trying to put together for 20 years and thought it would be a good opportunity to get longer lines.

On my Gen1 I've got double risers. The cables and hoses worked but when I went with SS clutch and brake lines I had 2" added to the length.

89ff0c83.jpg

I've also moved the top riser back on the bottom riser that this picture doesn't show so they are now up and back even further. Very comfortable.

All I can say is I have the MCL triple tree since 0 miles on my 10.

What I found was first and foremost is the MCL is 10 times the mass of the factory. By that I mean it is a solid piece of aluminum that is way more heavy duty, and has two pinch bolts in it compared to one on the factory.

Everything I have been told on triple trees is mass is good.

I love them and believe they are the best option out there for triple trees.

As far as any riser making a difference on windshield buffeting of course it will, it puts you in a new seating position. I have a MRA shield that is adjustable like a laminar lip but half of the shield can be adjusted up and down and then of course the adjustment from the switch. If I master Yoda position it is fine,if I put my feet out on the highway pegs I get helmet buffeting, if I slouch I get buffeting, it is all riding position. Now I can overcome it with adjusting the screen but whatever height I set it to, moving my seating posture will change it. I do not think the riser is a direct cause.

Again as many wise people have said here go slow with the farkels and do them in a specific order. First I did the risers as I knew I needed them, then the Russel as for sure needed that, and then I went on a search for windshield nirvana. I use a huge Rifle in the Winter and now this MRA for summer. I am not sure you can have one shield do it all for you in all seasons. But your risers will affect that so what you have may not work after they are installed.

+1 on the MCL Triple Clamp and I'm using a Rifle +4wide +3high which I thought I would need to swap with the stock screen in the summer but so far I don't find it necessary. Plenty flow behind the Rifle due to the adjusted angle. Of course YMMV. ;)