bar risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willieiso118

Reaction score
Been riding the bike with my arms pretty much straight. Locked elbows no bend in them at all, I'm new to the bike and don't have to many km's on it yet, but I'm pretty sure that it is a fatiguing riding position and was wondering what people are doing in the way of bar risers. I'm 5'7" with appropriately short arms also, so bringing the bars up would be nice but what about bringing them back also???

cheers W

Last edited by a moderator:
zoom03.jpg

Whose riser is the previous post. That isn't the Heliclamp is it.

I'm sorry, It is the heliclamp. Question though. The key switch. Is it tough to remove. I thought I read it had to be drilled out.

That's how I've always ridden my bikes as well (locked arms) and I don't think it's the best position. There's been some good discussion on here and other forums about correct riding position, called the Master Yoda position I think, I've been working on it and it really seems to help.

Have you adjusted your stock bars? I haven't touched mine yet but I think I'll move them back (closer to me) and give that a try. Let us know how you make out, I'm interested as well.