Barbarian Mod- Now bike won't start

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2coldtocare

Reaction score
I did the Barbarian mod this morning. After I finished, I started the bike. It ran real rough, then died. It wouldnt restart. So, I undid the mod (moved the wire back) and reset the CO levels. The check engine light remains on, and bike will not start at all. I checked all wires in the plug and the pins in the plug, and all are ok. Any suggestions?

Bike is an 07 with 2500 miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure your fuel line isn't crimped. I synched my throttle bodies last week and the fuel supply line crimped when I put the tank back on. It would do the same as yours, idle rough then die. When I would raise the tank it would uncrimp, took me a couple of times to realize what was happening.

Make sure your fuel line isn't crimped. I synched my throttle bodies last week and the fuel supply line crimped when I put the tank back on. It would do the same as yours, idle rough then die. When I would raise the tank it would uncrimp, took me a couple of times to realize what was happening.
Didnt move the tank at all. Just removed the left side panel, and the air box cover. Unplugged the harness. I rechecked the wires, still has ck engine lite. It wont fire at all but it turns over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine behaved similarly when I did the mod, then I realized that I had broken the friggin wire... (It ran albeit very badly) until I fixed that. (Yellow wire if I recall).

Maybe you didn't get the pin back in all the way?

-MD

Mine behaved similarly when I did the mod, then I realized that I had broken the friggin wire... (It ran albeit very badly) until I fixed that. (Yellow wire if I recall).
Maybe you didn't get the pin back in all the way?

-MD
It is connected, but maybe the wire is broken. I will go and check continuity.

I had a similar problem, and I don't know which wire it was, but one of the wires going into the ECU was not connected even though it appeared to be. Unplugged the ECU, verified no bent connectors, plugged it back in, and all was good. Has happened about every 3 or 4 times I've unplugged the ECU and plugged it back in.

I had a similar problem, and I don't know which wire it was, but one of the wires going into the ECU was not connected even though it appeared to be. Unplugged the ECU, verified no bent connectors, plugged it back in, and all was good. Has happened about every 3 or 4 times I've unplugged the ECU and plugged it back in.
Thanks. I will keep after it. Just assure me I didnt fry the ECU! Dont know how I could. Everything was off.

That was the problem, brother! The damn little yellow wire was hard to get out, but two others pulled out on their own!! Thank you so much! My blood pressure went down 50 points when it started up. Hope to see you down the road, and thanks for sharing your experience.