Barbarian Modders please Poll your CO info......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wicked Webby

Right is Harder than Wrong.
Reaction score
Hey Barbarian Modders,

I was trying to find a specific thread where all of the Barbarian tuners shared their specific CO values.. I am interested in the Year of your FJR, Ca model or Not, Exhaust type or any other Mods, what your original stock settings were and what you changed them to and most importantly... What your impressions are of your settings, fuel consumption changes, ect, ect..???

Thanks...

I will start:

Mine is a 07A model, Non Ca, Remus Slip-ons , Baffles currently out, Air box funnel trimmed, stock air filter, Iridium plugs.

My stock values were 5,18,18,21.... I upped them all to +7 and liked it at first BUT then I thought it was a little too rich on

the bottom end. So for now... I went to +4. Now at : 9,22,22,24.

This made me very curious what most modders had theirs set at. Please don't just poll: +5... Because I am looking to compare

the over all total CO values and years ect, ect , ect... I hope to get enough responses to average everyones input for the greater good of every barbarian

tuner alike.

Thanks,

WW

Mine's an '05A purchased new from a dealer in NW Tennessee. The initial settings were 13,21,9,16. +7 to each of them made a great improvement as measured by my, highly calibrated, BUTT dynomometer. ;)

Seriously, idle and low end smoothness are much improved.

i own a 2005, non CA, stock unit. the values before BM, 9, 4, 8, 3. i did the + 7 no difference. i have since reset to factory values. i'm not sure if i need to change them, or if i do what to set them to.

alan

I have an 07AE, stock pipes. Factory settings were 5,18,18,21 on both the old and new ECU. I upped them 7. Seems to run better, but I honestly have not had enough miles on the new settings since winter won't go away!

06A model.

Orginal ECU stock: 5, 18, 18, 21 Bumped to: 12 25 25 28

New ECU stock: 5 18 18 21 Bumped to: 10 23 23 26

Thanks for the input so far Fellas,

The butt dyno is sometimes not tuned as well as the air/fuel meters. So, when this MN Spring snow storm ends, I am going to hook up a air/fuel ratio meter display to my stock O2 sensor and do some good ole fashin road tuning with the CO values. I will keep you all informed.

If anyone else has CO info to offer please chime in.

Thanks all,

WW

:D

• 08 FJR 1300A
  • CA Model
  • Before: 10, 10, 10, 10
  • After: 17, 17, 17, 17
  • Currently: 10, 10, 10, 10
  • Exhaust: Holeshots (Slip-ons only, no header)
  • PCII: Not installed
  • O2 Sensor: Still connected
You will note the change from stick to +7 and then back to stock. I found no noticeable difference in idle (not suppossed to), low-rpm smoothness or fuel econemy.

Duff,

I find it interesting how the FJR year(some within the same year models)CO levels differ... My 07A's set at 5,18,18,21(from what I hear a good majority of the 07's share these Co values).. AND from what the initial word, most 08's set at 10,10,10,10.

In the raw sense the over all fuel value for all cylinders on the 08 at 40+. While, in contrast, the over all fuel value for all cylinders on the 07 at 62+. BUT... With the 08 having a different ECU box, not really comparing apples to apples with regards to the 07 and 08's values. However... the 06's and 07's share the same ECU boxes... And from what I understand the Gen I's all have the same ECU's amongst them... So these units might be the more apples to apples when looking at the different CO levels.

WW

Last edited by a moderator:
'05 ABS 49 state, stock CO = 1, 8, 7, 6

Tried +7, not good enough. Still had lean surging at cruise.

Returned settings to stock and installed PCIII. Way better. Now need to play with the maps some.

2006 California edition manly man clutch model:

Original ECU readings: -10, 8, 8, 11

reset +7 to: -3, 15, 15, 18

Installed PC-III w/ Zero map, disconnected O2 sensor

Updated ECU installed w/ readings: 5, 18, 18, 21

Reloaded PC-III Zero map for Gen2 w/ K&N filter, reset Throttle position to zero

Mileage was lower than it had been previously with the original ECU.

Just for kicks, changed new ECU CO settings +7 to: 12, 25, 25,28

Mileage returned to previous ~42mpg on commute to work.

I'm not sure how the CO settings and the PC-III maps interface, but everything seems to work well as is!

Since have done the Intake Funnel mod. Need to check throttle syncs and recheck mpg this weekend.

2006 California edition manly man clutch model:
Original ECU readings: -10, 8, 8, 11

reset +7 to: -3, 15, 15, 18

Installed PC-III w/ Zero map, disconnected O2 sensor

Updated ECU installed w/ readings: 5, 18, 18, 21

Reloaded PC-III Zero map for Gen2 w/ K&N filter, reset Throttle position to zero

Mileage was lower than it had been previously with the original ECU.

Just for kicks, changed new ECU CO settings +7 to: 12, 25, 25,28

Mileage returned to previous ~42mpg on commute to work.

I'm not sure how the CO settings and the PC-III maps interface, but everything seems to work well as is!

Since have done the Intake Funnel mod. Need to check throttle syncs and recheck mpg this weekend.
Manly man clutch model, huh? Oh boy, here comes a dogpile...

I'm also thinking that you are confusing the PCIII "zero map" and the "stock map".

If you open up the zero map you would see that it is literally loaded with zeros in every cell, meaning that you would be running purely off the fuel injection map in the ECU.

The stock map is what comes loaded when you order the PCIII for a particular bike in a stock configuration.

06A 5,18,18,21 on original and replacement ECU's. Tried the +7 for about 50 miles and went back to stock. Smelled like gas when parked and I did not notice a performance increase, rather a decrease, which is probably why the low end response seems smoother. Just what my 'dyno' told me.

2006 California edition left limp wristed girly man clutch model ( I wonder which one The Governator would choose? )...

original ECU readings = 5,18,18,21

reset to +4 a month ago ( 9,22,22,25 ) with no noticeable change to smoothness nor gas mileage.

I think I will bump it up to +7 this weekend to see if something changes.

The bike does have a stumble when lightly rolling on the throttle from a rolling stop.

Brodie

06A 5,18,18,21 on original and replacement ECU's. Tried the +7 for about 50 miles and went back to stock. Smelled like gas when parked and I did not notice a performance increase, rather a decrease, which is probably why the low end response seems smoother. Just what my 'dyno' told me.
Thumperbike,

I have been thinking the same kind of thing.. I wondered if fattening the mixture has been smoothing out the power delivery(less power) to make it feel much smoother but actually creating less power. I wonder if people took it slightly other way (- the CO values) if they would feel any gains... Just remember Lean is Mean BUT too lean is too hot and can risk engine damage. My experience in the past with regards to stock bikes on the dynos... They usually run a bit lean at the bottom of the rpms and get too fat at the top.... Hence... the beauty of the power commanders and Techlusion tuners. A whole different subject however.

WW

Webby, you beat to the punch starting this thread. I was wondering the exact same things about the overall CO values versus the "+7" relative to an unknown starting point.

I did the Barbarian mod this weekend to my '07A with the replacement ECU. The CO settings were (you guessed it) 5, 18, 18, 21.

I added +7 to all values and rode it for about 75 miles. There was very little, if any, difference in the sensitivity at low RPM. At mid-range the engine seemed rougher, and didn't have the usual afterburner response to a roll-on above 4000 RPM.

So, I'm going back to the stock values,. My bike runs fine stock, except for the throttle sensitivity. The G2 cam was the best adjustment for that.