Battery cost

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My battery seemed fine then leaving work a few weeks ago I turn the key and everything came on fuel pump

cycled I hit start button and it went completly dead. At first thought i figured ign. switch since I have not had the

recall done yet. Went to the trouble of by passing the switch to no avail. Pulled the battery had it checked

nothing at all! New battery from Batteries Plus on a Sunday afternoon and she's good to go. Just returned

from a trouble free 700 mi. quick trip. My '06 only had 4000 mi. on it when I got it.

My battery seemed fine then leaving work a few weeks ago I turn the key and everything came on fuel pumpcycled I hit start button and it went completly dead. At first thought i figured ign. switch since I have not had the

recall done yet. Went to the trouble of by passing the switch to no avail. Pulled the battery had it checked

nothing at all! New battery from Batteries Plus on a Sunday afternoon and she's good to go. Just returned

from a trouble free 700 mi. quick trip. My '06 only had 4000 mi. on it when I got it.
that's basically exactly what happened to me right before EOM. Except mine didn't go completely dead. There was enough juice left in the battery that when I held the starter button in for too long without the engine cranking over it tricked the ECU into throwing code 12 at me ( again ). Last time it was the ignition switch, and this time it had just about duplicated the syptoms. I did the se thing at the gas station I was broke down at. First tried cutting into the harness below the switch and splicing it there. When that didn't work. I took the gas tank off and the t bar and heat blanket all off and tried jumping it at the connector plugs. Still nothing. New battery seems to have cured it. No problems down and back to/from EOM.