Battery Tender

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddydukes

Reaction score
I'm sure there's a simple solution and that some of the fine folks here will be able to provide it. I just put a battery tender cable on the battery. For those that use one, where do you zip tie the portion that remains attached to you battery? As I've looked there's not much there to use.

Probably a simple solution, but I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks,

Keith

The simple solution is to tie wrap it to the stay under the fairing screw. Just let it poke out on the inside enough to plug it in.

The more elegant solution is to install an unswitched power port in the same way you installed the pigtail for the battery tender, (with an inline fuse), and remove the battery tender pigtail.n Then make up a sae to power port plug so you can plug the battery tender in. Powerlet Products They sell kits as well as individual parts to roll your own.

A couple of years ago I posted in this thread how I installed an in-dash pigtail. Many people pitched in there about other solutions including how they installed powerlets as OCfjr suggested. And skooter has a link there to photos that show where he brought out his standard pigtail -- it's a clean approach.

I just ran it down inside the fairing where it covers the battery. I can either pull it up to hook up the gps or down to hook up the Tender. There is not much expoosed harness there to worry about,the plug is safe and doesn't flop around inthe wind.

I installed the Powerlet connection by the left rear set. I use it for the battery tender and for my electric vest.

Ron

Daddydukes said:
I'm sure there's a simple answer and I'll probably feel foolish when I see some of them, but I just moved my battery tender over to my FJR. Now, I can't figure out where to zip tie the charging wires that I've attached to the battery.
When I decided to put one on my FJR, I couldn't stand the thought of wires randomly protruding out from the streamlined plastics. It just seemed aesthetically wrong :rolleyes: This isn't a KLR, here...

I decided to kill a couple of birds with one battery tender and went and installed a Powerlet socket on the dash panel next to the glove compartment (wired straight to the battery). It looks a lot cleaner AND gives me a good place to plug in a GPS or power a tankbag. I picked up an SAE-to-Powerlet adapter for about $20 and that was that.

Same here. I use my "always hot" powerlet plug. Mine is in the right side black panel. I also have another hooked to switched power to energize farkles like my GPS, CB, and Radar Detector.