Baxley Locking trailer Chock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueman

blueman
Reaction score
I am looking at installing a locking chock to my motorcycle trailer to tranport my FJR if needed. The Baxley locking chock comes recommended from friends. I have trailered dirt bikes with standard tie downs for years but never my FJR. I am very concerned about trailering the FJR and would like recommendations on the best method and if anyone uses the Baxley locking chock.

I have the Baxley Sport Chock. Simply stated, I love it. Very stable with minimal strapping of the bike. Front wheel locks in very securely. There's none better. Get one.

I have the Baxley Sport Chock. Simply stated, I love it. Very stable with minimal strapping of the bike. Front wheel locks in very securely. There's none better. Get one.
I highlyreccommend them also! There the best! There mechanism squezes the tire in to hold the bike firm! I was so impressed with them I bought two more for my sons bikes.

+1 on the Baxley. I've used the LA chock on three bikes now. Just adjust for whatever front tire size and it holds very securely.

Baxley has directions on their web site for strapping the bike down. We towed four bikes on an open trailer from Minnesota to Daytona and back for bike week last year, all with sport chocks. You can't go wrong, even when one of the guys while driving hit a bump so bad the trailer bounce, the bikes stayed put.

I was looking for something similar (for chocking the bike in the garage) and came across this one:
https://www.bikersfriend.com/pages/stand.htm

It looks like it is very well built and is $235 w/ free shipping, compared to $295 + S&H for the Baxley.

Has anyone dealt with these?

Thanks,

Scott
Yes,I have two of them.I highly recommend them.All aluminum.

They also have a steel one,made for mounting on a trailer,that is cheaper.(~$150)

Hambone said:
I was looking for something similar (for chocking the bike in the garage) and came across this one:
https://www.bikersfriend.com/pages/stand.htm

It looks like it is very well built and is $235 w/ free shipping, compared to $295 + S&H for the Baxley.

Has anyone dealt with these?

Thanks,

Scott
Yes,I have two of them.I highly recommend them.All aluminum.

They also have a steel one,made for mounting on a trailer,that is cheaper.(~$150)
I should have added:The aluminum can also be used with a trailer,like a Baxley.Thay also have a trailer mounting kit,so you can bolt it to ypur trailer.