Bay Window

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ Major blockage. Sweet! Raise it up about 3/4 inch and there it is! The beloved Cone Of Silence!
It's incredible how many people look at me with a blank stare when I mention the "Cone Of Silence"! I think it too was an early Cee Bailey design...

csilence1.jpg

markparnes: I have the +4+2 windshield and don't see myself ever going back to the stock one. My stock 2005 windshield is like new and Yamaha's MSRP is $219. Make me a reasonable offer, cover shipping from California, and I could be persuaded to part with it. PM me if interested...

Last edited by a moderator:
@ ohio: I cut the foam down and modded my stock seat. It's on my website. If I were to buy an aftermarket seat, I'd probably go witth the Russell Day Long.

@ windjammer: I'm not hopeful that any of these shields would protect against a strike. I did hear a big thwap yesterday. Must have been a junebug. Didn't phase Mr. Bailey!

I do look through this shield, but not in the center, when it's full up (and it's not taller than me.. I was kidding). I'd have to have my head down on the tank to look through the center. But I do look through the shield if it is up very high at all. I rode yesterday with it down almost the entire day. When I got in the bad air behind a semi, I raised it until I was clear, then put it back down. Very nice.

@ Nightshine: The current generation just doesn't understand Get Smart. Maybe the current and second generation? Maybe it's on Nick at Night or something. Guys on the other board seemed to understand. Thanks for the pic!