Been missing...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bananas

Reaction score
Been missing from here for awhile. My son gave me a new V-Rod VRSCDX and for the last five weeks I have been getting acquainted with it.

Tomorrow the wife and I are riding to Key West to Visit him and his wife (400 miles one way). I've been trying to get the V-Rod set up so as to make the ride. After five weeks of changing parts, tweeking and riding it to and from work everyday (80 miles for the round) I've come to the conclusion the the V-Rod is going to have to stay home this time. I cleaned up the Feej and took it for a short shakedown ride in preperation for the trip. I can't tell you how refined this bike is compared to the V-Rod. Man, it is so nice to have some suspension under me again.

I know that there are higher rated bikes out there, but I've never ridden them. After 50,000 miles I can say that this is the finest bike I have ever ridden. Yamaha designed a good machine!

Bananas!

LOL SM ! I can't believe the counselors actually let him make something so politically incorrect. What kid of place are you sending the kid to anyway ?

Better get him involved in gambling if you hope to score big like Bananas.

Good bike choice on the LD ride Bananas. I don't think you would be very fond of the V-Rod anymore after a 2-up round trip !

LOL SM ! I can't believe the counselors actually let him make something so politically incorrect. What kid of place are you sending the kid to anyway ? Better get him involved in gambling if you hope to score big like Bananas.

Good bike choice on the LD ride Bananas. I don't think you would be very fond of the V-Rod anymore after a 2-up round trip !

Heck, the thing is killing me riding back and forth to work. I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but... lets just say that the Harley leaves alot to be desired. I like my Feej.

Bananas!

Isn't this the bike that your son won? (or am I thinking of something else) If so, sell it and thank him for the money. You already have an FJR.

Isn't this the bike that your son won? (or am I thinking of something else) If so, sell it and thank him for the money. You already have an FJR.
Yep, you got it right. Selling it has been a constant thought. I don't think it will ever be right for touring duty. At 32 mpg (premium fuel only), and a 5 gallon fuel capacity does not a tourer make. Plus, the fact that it handles horrible. Me thinks that it will be good for 50 miles one way and then back.

The wife and I just returned from a 1000 mile three day weekend. Ran the Feej and her little Magna pretty hard. Neither one skipped a beat. Good machines both.

Bananas!

You really struggle to stay on a vrod when going above 70mph. the air wants to lift your legs off the pegs. They were made for sitting in front of a sports bar after a hard 30 min. in the saddle or washing in the driveway on Sunday morning. <_<

I'm just not going to ride anything with the work "Rod" in it. Ever.

Not a V-Rod, a Street-Rod and definitely not a Night-Rod.

Harley riders bouncing up and down on their Night-Rods.... :eek:

No thanks. :huh: