Bell star helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whataboutbob

Reaction score
I picked up a bell star helmet after wathcing a few video reviews.the helmet flows alot of air and is a very nice helmet and was a very good buy at 199.99 at https://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/sport/motorcycle+helmets/bell_star+contra+helmet .alot of reviews state that the sizes run big but it was a good fit for me.I wear a medium in shoei and got the same in bell.it is just getting too hot and humid here so I took my vstream windshield off to improve wind flow and put my factory windshield back on.what a big difference Ive had the vstream on for a couple of years and didn't realize how much air it blocks.I also realized the windshield made the bike a little unstable on the slab.I thought it was the trunk but not so.I ride to work while its still dark and would just keep the dark tinted visor on my shoei up as it wasn't a big deal behind the big shield but with the factory shield my eyes were getting blasted and its not safe.I bought the new shield for the bell that is made by the transitions sunglass people for 119.00 from https://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/69/17680/ITEM/Bell-Star-Vortex-RS-1-and-Revolver-Helmet-Transitions-Photochromatic-Shield.aspx.this shield is awesome.its completely clear in low light and gets darker than I expected in full sunlight.It's a little expensive but the cool factor alone is worth half the price.I highly recommend this setup if you ride in both day/night often.Bob

Thats a decent price! I've been looking for a new helmet, something that lets good air through. How's the noise level with it? Still contemplating whether or not I want to go blue for my 05 :p

Thats a decent price! I've been looking for a new helmet, something that lets good air through. How's the noise level with it? Still contemplating whether or not I want to go blue for my 05 :p
thats a down side.its noisy like you would expect with the air flow