BENT SLIDER

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jebus! Can't you guys keep your feejers vertical?
I can. I'ts the bus companys that have issues with my bikes verticality :dribble:

On the other hand, Yamaha's sliders saved the fairing. Well worth the investment. I couldn't see mounting an aluminum slider, or an all Delron slider. Mine are Delron with an Aluminum mounting core.

Since this thread is full of frame slider experience, I thought I'd ask WHICH are best? I already know how usefull they are, unfortunately. I found one on the Motovationusa site but was confused as to whether 1) these were actual Yamaha parts? 2) why the '06 - 07 were $89 and the earlier ones were $189? I also know the left side bag is $599! Anyone know where one can be had for less? Probably end up painting it.

BTW - what is WFO? Please be patient, I grew up in the 60's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since this thread is full of frame slider experience, I thought I'd ask WHICH are best? I already know how usefull they are, unfortunately. I found one on the Motovationusa site but was confused as to whether 1) these were actual Yamaha parts? 2) why the '06 - 07 were $89 and the earlier ones were $189? I also know the left side bag is $599! Anyone know where one can be had for less? Probably end up painting it.
BTW - what is WFO? Please be patient, I grew up in the 60's.
For the '06 and '07 FJR the moto sliders are a straight bolt on which replaces the motor mount bolt. On earlier model bikes the fairing blocks the motor mount bolts so you have to either use a mounting bracket to mount the sliders, as moto did, or you cut a hole through the fairing to use a direct bolt on slider. I use R&G on mine.

WFO is the Western Fjr Owners gathering.

And now I get to call you a noob, and send you off to the search engine. :lol: There is a lot of discussion about sliders and WFO out there.

Last edited by a moderator: