Beowulf anyone?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

150Fuelie

Reaction score
I went to order the Blue Flames and the US distributor doesn't carry them any longer and is pushing Beowulf. They look pretty nice and I can get a set of polished stainless for $499 delivered. Decisions, decisions...........

I just ordered a set/pair of stainless 380mm oval cans from Beowulf, direct from across the pond. I couldn't find any cheaper price for Canada.

I've got the Beowulfs on for a couple of years now. I've not ridden with any other so can't compare the difference. But I love the sound. I've got the baffles in, didn't want too loud, but it has a defenite rumble and can definitly be heard above 6000 rpm's. They are well built and fit well, no signs of wear with about 25k on them. My only problem is the decrease in mileage, cause I'm wringing it out more. Love the sound.

I just ordered a set/pair of stainless 380mm oval cans from Beowulf, direct from across the pond. I couldn't find any cheaper price for Canada.
Hey Steve...

Congratulations on the purchase. So glad you found something that cha like. And you saved a bit compared to what you were considering paying a couple weeks ago (if you paid the same price as Fuelie). I've been riding a couple days now with the Staintunes, and just like many of the other cans out there, it takes a bit of getting used to. Hope you and Fuelie don't have to wait too long. Wonder if you guys paid the same price or if you bought them from the same distributer??

Gary

darksider #44

I have the oval carbon fibre Beowulf cans on my 09 and love them; the quality is on par with the Blue Flames and most other aftermarket cans on the market. To me, the bike has more snap, nicer sound and they look very cool. BTW, they are slightly louder than my friends Blue Flames.

Thanks Gary, I ended up forking out just shy of $590 Canadian, direct from Beowulf across the pond. That seemed to be my best deal. I couldn't find much here in Canada and if I purchased from the US my government rapes me on fees. I haven't heard very much negative about the Beowulfs and they state they have a "lifetime" warranty. I assume on workmanship mainly.

I have been running them for over a year. Rumble down low, got the great sound when you get them up in the RPM's. No droning at cruising speeds. Bike does spin up faster after getting the stockers off.

I really like these pipes also. I am just having a hard time deceiding between them and the holeshots. Can't make up my mind.

Thanks Gary, I ended up forking out just shy of $590 Canadian, direct from Beowulf across the pond. That seemed to be my best deal. I couldn't find much here in Canada and if I purchased from the US my government rapes me on fees. I haven't heard very much negative about the Beowulfs and they state they have a "lifetime" warranty. I assume on workmanship mainly.

If a Canadian buys from England, do you have to pay the Euro VAT tax? Just curious.

I really like these pipes also. I am just having a hard time deceiding between them and the holeshots. Can't make up my mind.
I did a bunch of research on this forum on Holeshots. If I recall, I believe they are a good bit louder than other pipes. Can anybody out there confirm?
Steve: I checked the exchange rate today. Canadian money is worth MORE than the US dollar (1 buck C = 1.02 American) So what's up? Seems like you're paying a little extra. Are there taxes or fees involved?

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a bunch of research on this forum on Holeshots. If I recall, I believe they are a good bit louder than other pipes. Can anybody out there confirm?
That's a negative. I would say they are 'average'. Not as quiet as some, and not as loud as some (like the D&D). Personally, besides the Staintunes, I am a Holeshot fan. I had them on 220,000 of my first FJR's 226,000 miles. They don't look so good anymore. :(

Gary the exhaust were 283.33 + 80.00 for shipping, all in british lbs which was equal to about $590 Canadian. I really couldn't find any better deal, even on fleabay. I'm still happy at that price though.