Best Bluetooth Helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried the Vemar Jiano? I know this thread is quite old but I'm in the market for a bluetooth helmet and want to res erect this thread.

Just an opinion: I wouldn't base my decision on brainbucket on the availability of bluetooth / communication, since it's so easy & 'inexpensive' to add it to your preferred helmet.

I use the Cardo Scala Q2 as well. It lacks A2DP so no stereo via bluetooth and the FM receiver only supports mono. BUT it has an input jack for an MP3, which does play back in stereo

For phone & intercom, the sound quality is outstanding. For music via an MP3 player, it's crap.

I intend to submit a post later tonight about how I've overcome this issue (which I figured-out just this morning!)

Holy Cow!

Double resurection!

Since the beginning of this thread, chatterbox released the xBi and xBi2 bluetooth units.

I picked up an xBi for the WFO ride a few days ago, at a cost of $152. I've been streaming by Ipod via bluetooth, and also use it with my cell. So far it's worked great, and has about 15-20 foot range from my ipod. I'm using a sony bluetooth transmitter for the ipod, but chatterbox makes one as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I run a full BT setup AND listen to steroe mp3's in my helmet. The Scala q2's have a stereo FM rec'v built in. We simply FM transmt my IPOD.
my cell phone is BT synched with my ZUMO and the ZUMO to my headset. Pillion's headset is synched to me. If she wants...she can synch her cell to her headset and get calls.

So, we can talk to each other, I can directions from the zumo, can rcv calls, dial and/or see who it is on the Zumo...all while listening to one of the 10,000 songs on my Ipod - or FM.

I could also add other rider communications, if needed.

And no wires.

My Q2 has only mono FM. When did they change?? The music sounds lousy in mono but the gps and phone sound great. Maybe if the music WAS in stereo, it would sound better.

TBWRENCH

There is an ad in Rider mag that has a helmet with fully integrrated bluetooth technology.

sounds like it can do it all, built in & well hidden mic & speakers ( dont know if its stereo )

try VCANSPORTS.COM

Yea this thread is old but still useful.If I spent that kind of money for a helmet just so I could be wire free then I better be ready to be getting ready for a domestic war.I bought this Sony Erisson model HBH-DS970. https://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/pr...70?lc=en&cc=us#layerid=imagegallery_hbh-ds970https://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/hbh-ds970?lc=en&cc=us#layerid=imagegallery_hbh-ds970 Very comfortable device.Great features.HD sound!I have made it work for me.Got it off eBay.Here is the item number https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260437189731&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IThttps://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260437189731&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT.Retail is over $150.Paid less than $50 f0r it.May be worth a shot for you frugally minded folks not wanting to spend the money to get a new helmet.If it doesnt work for you then you got a new toy for your toybox!That is always a good thing! :yahoo:

That looks pretty interesting!

However, I'm wondering how much they help with road noise. For the last year I've been wearing the little yellow ear-plugs because they stop the wind from rushing in and popping my ears.

I just received an Etymotic Research headset (model HF2). They call the feature 'noise-isolating' which is pretty effective. (I've only worn them once driving to work this morning, as I said, I JUST received them.)

Wireless would really be nice!

The Suomy D20 is thier flip up and available with Bluetooth for MP3 stereo , communications and radio , thier site has a few videos on how it works /install ~ list is 320

best set up is the fairlainer set up,zumo 550 with the autocom.phone,mp3,any external device you want,bike to bike with the right set up,rider to passenger.little pricey by no hours of mickey mousing crap.earbuds or speakers in stereo.then you can use any helmet you like.

Just an opinion: I wouldn't base my decision on brainbucket on the availability of bluetooth / communication, since it's so easy & 'inexpensive' to add it to your preferred helmet.
I totally agree with you, comfort and safety is at the top of my list! Trying to look at all options and make the best decision for me and my oval head.

That looks pretty interesting!
However, I'm wondering how much they help with road noise. For the last year I've been wearing the little yellow ear-plugs because they stop the wind from rushing in and popping my ears.

I just received an Etymotic Research headset (model HF2). They call the feature 'noise-isolating' which is pretty effective. (I've only worn them once driving to work this morning, as I said, I JUST received them.)

Wireless would really be nice!
I saw those on Amazon.Use the link for eBay.Cant beat that price.I really like my headset on or off my bike.Incredibably comfortable.Feels like I am wearing foam plugs.I have an four gig card in my phone so I am never out of music.My phone has Sirius and GPS so now I am carrying less stuff.I dont have it on all the time.Data roaming charges would break the bank!