Best Magnetic Tank and Tail Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great find Toecutter! I just placed my order over the phone like you suggested with no problems. I have been shopping for a tail bag like this one and the price makes it even better. Thanks.

I have been reading through all of the past posts but wanted to see if there was one tank bag and tail bag that stood out from the rest. I would like the largest magnetic tank bag that fits the FJR securely. I also want the largest tail bag for the passenger seat I can get that will also stay securely in place. I am not really concerned with price and would like them both to be really good quality bags. Is there a dealer you would recommend? Thanks.
If price is no object then get a Big Mak tank bag. it doesn't even touch the tank and all you have to do is tilt it up to fill the gas tank.

See BigMak
if price is no object is right! i thought all respectable luggage companies (marsee, n/r, chase harper) provided a rain cover and map pouch with the bag. bigmak actually wants to charge you extra for a map pocket? are you kidding?

i had a chase harper. great warranty. the bag was less than spectacular, it was a double-decker, and flopped around a bit too much, the material wasn't stiff enough. they have a great customer service department, warrant their products for life, no questions asked. i've tested that warranty and it's the real deal.

then had a givi tank bag. real nice, stiff material, but the thing started to come apart at the seams after a couple years. too bad, i really liked it.

now i have a marsee. pretty good bag. stiff material. has the drawstring criss cross to help tighten and loosen the height of the bag as necessary. nice, big zippers and pulls, so you can zip and unzip with gloved hands, and the big zippers and teeth make zipping and unzipping a bag with lots of stuff less eventful.

i've heard wolfman makes good stuff, too.

Great find Toecutter! I just placed my order over the phone like you suggested with no problems. I have been shopping for a tail bag like this one and the price makes it even better. Thanks.
There, I've done my good deed for the day. Time to go push some posts back to their proper homes....