Best method to mount a radar detector to brake reservoir

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gps mount. Note ball height, not significant.

DSCN1242.jpg

https://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_5&products_id=34

https://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_98&products_id=295

I would not mount a detector out in plain sight........it will draw attention from any PD, and if they do stop you for a few miles over, if you're running a detector you're going to pay the max ........all IMO......

I would not mount a detector out in plain sight........it will draw attention from any PD, and if they do stop you for a few miles over, if you're running a detector you're going to pay the max ........all IMO......
In theory, if the radar detector does its job you won't be talking to the LEO. However, if the LEO does his job and uses his speed measurement device properly you are toast no matter how good your radar detector is.

During Imperial Entanglements where my radar detectors was spied, I have had every LEO tell me that my radar detector is evidence that I went out with the sole purpose to speed and try to evade the police. I get stopped very rarely, but the majority of the times the LEO didn't see my detector even when in plain sight. Also, during those stops where my detector was overlooked there were other significant circumstances related to the stop that were distracting.

Last edited by a moderator:
If and when I get stopped I put my helmet over the phuzzbuster...added benefit is that he can see it's not a young squid...

With all the other junk in my cockpit, the V1 isn't especially noticeable. The few times I've been pulled over with it mounted, I got warnings all but once -- when the NV State Trooper wrote me up for a "rural speeding violation" -- $75, and no report to my home state (so no points and no insurance hit). I accepted it gladly.