Best On-line Auto Parts Sites

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCML

Not All Who Wander Are Lost
Reaction score
My son asked me today if I knew of a good on-line auto parts site so he could pick up a couple of those shock-absorber-like devices that reside on both sides of almost every hatch back/lift back made in the last fifteen years. I wish I knew the part's name but they are the ones that fail after a while so the lift back doesn't stay fully open. In any case, he needs them for his girlfriend's Ford Explorer and I do not know the best on-line auto parts places. Any suggestions? Thanks.

They're called a hatch strut or support. The online savings will be used by shipping charges. They aren't expensive, in the neighborhood of $25 a side. Replace both, even if one seems serviceable, as it will likely fail soon in any case. A vise grips makes a fine temp lock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know Ford parts but for GM OEM parts you can't beat GMPARTSDIRECT.com. Prices run almost half what dealers want. I've ordered a bunch from them and no problems so far.

I have used both advanceautoparts.com and autozone.com. They are online sites for chain stores. I normally look up a part on both sites and choose the better price, then drive to the store and buy it.

best one by far that I have found is www.thepartsbin.com

I've ordered Brembo rotors, Akebono pads, etc for my Jaguar XJR among other parts for my Mustang GT.

Great service, no hassle returns, and free shipping.

Not to mention great prices.

Highly recommended.