Best place to buy a Y.E.S. warranty

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRHopeful

Reaction score
I just purchased a used '08 FJR with 4300 miles, actually I'm picking it up next week. Can't wait. Be nice to be back on one after a year. Curious to see how the new improvements are over my old '05 I had. It is still under the factory warranty and I'd like to get the Y.E.S. warranty. I read somewhere you can buy it from any State and the person stated some place sold them very reasonably. Unfortunately I can't find that article again. Does anyone know where to get a good deal on a Y.E.S. warranty?

Did a search for ya. D&H thread Also, if you have a decent dealer and would like to spend your money locally, approach him with the info that you get in the previous thread. Your dealer probably knows that the Y.E.S. extended warrantys are being sold online for a lot less that the retail price. There is no money out of their pocket since they don't have to "stock" the warranty, and the offer to buy locally will probably be appreciated. You might want to offer a bit more than D&H is selling them for since your dealer does have to pay Yamaha app.$359 for the extended warranty. The goodwill generated by this will be worth the premium IMHO.

I did this very thing with my dealer, and he was more than willing to accomodate me. Although I have dealt with him for 30+ years and that might have been a factor. But if you are new to this dealer, this might be a chance to start a meaningful relatiionship with them :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated. I would like to keep my money in the local economy too.

Cheers!

Did a search for ya. D&H thread Also, if you have a decent dealer and would like to spend your money locally, approach him with the info that you get in the previous thread. Your dealer probably knows that the Y.E.S. extended warrantys are being sold online for a lot less that the retail price. There is no money out of their pocket since they don't have to "stock" the warranty, and the offer to buy locally will probably be appreciated. You might want to offer a bit more than D&H is selling them for since your dealer does have to pay Yamaha app.$359 for the extended warranty. The goodwill generated by this will be worth the premium IMHO.
I did this very thing with my dealer, and he was more than willing to accomodate me. Although I have dealt with him for 30+ years and that might have been a factor. But if you are new to this dealer, this might be a chance to start a meaningful relatiionship with them :rolleyes:

Welcome Back FJRHopeful,

Last I heard from you was when we extended that coastal/Skaggs Spring Rd./Calistoga ride with WeekendRider. (if you are the same FJRHopeful).

Congrats on the '08 - I've heard lots of good stuff about that vintage...

RsvlFeej (still on my '05)

Yep its me. Back on a Feejer. Can't wait. We will have to go riding again. The second part of the ride was great. So you must have some miles on the '05 by now. Still riding it like you stole it? LOL. You headed for Idaho?

Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated. I would like to keep my money in the local economy too.
Cheers!
If you are going to "shop" local may I suggest Roseville Yamaha. I doubt the other two would even talk, let alone deal with you. Besides, Zac (Roseville Service Manager) is the best!

Thanks Madmike, I'll check with them first. I called C & H cycle this morning and it is $389 for 4yrs. I spoke to Gerald, real nice guy and helpful. I would like to keep my funds local and will give Roseville a call. Thanks for the reply.

Cheers!

Yep its me. Back on a Feejer. Can't wait. We will have to go riding again. The second part of the ride was great. So you must have some miles on the '05 by now. Still riding it like you stole it? LOL. You headed for Idaho?

Excellent to have you back. That was a fun day.

Just shy of 70K. Running like a dream, but I'm starting to dab my toes in the water for a 'fresher' '04 or '05 (so all my stuff will bolt on).

No to Idaho - Couple of carpet monkeys have pretty much whacked my pleasure riding to day-trips at best.

See ya.