Best Place To Buy Factory Accessories

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reaction57

Reaction score
I'm thinking of biting the bullet on some factory heated grips. Looking for best price. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have purchased a couple of factory accessories and parts from what I thought as an unlikely source and have had good fast service, and their prices were good as well. Believe it or not the website is www.Boats.net. Type in the Yamaha part number and see if they stock it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the heated grips were no longer continued or the whole kit...

Funny, I use www.Boats.net too. Twiggs is near me in Maryland. Nice brick and mortar store, nice folks. Didnt know they had an online business.

Thanks for replys. Hope they're not discontinued. That''ll just drive the price higher than the already ridiculous price. I've seen places listing price at $505!

used the kit from Aerostich, much cheaper than OEM and they work fine after five riding seasons. Took about an hour to install. They're not factory, but my hands don't know that. :)

used the kit from Aerostich, much cheaper than OEM and they work fine after five riding seasons. Took about an hour to install. They're not factory, but my hands don't know that. :)
A very true point. Aftermarket are looking more and more appealing!

I've used Boats.net and Cycle Parts Warehouse for most of my OEM accessory purchases. Best bet is to enter the Yamaha P/N into your favorite search engine and see what comes up.

Great alternatives to OEM heated grips can be found for less than $100. I installed a set of KTM heated grips on my Tenere and saved bundles verses OEM. Could have saved another $20 with more searching... YMMV

Good luck!

--G

Thanks forum members for your replies. Can anyone tell me whats the heat difference with grips that have the heating elements in the actual grips opposed to the heating pads mounted under the grips? And is it better to mount the adhesive heating element inside bar or on top? Sorry to complicate this thread! Many thanks in advance for all replies!

IMO, factory built heated grips work much better than the stick on variety. The PO put Symtec on my FJR and while they work OK, I'll be putting on the real thing when they crap out.

The stick on heating element goes on the outside of the bar / throttle tube, under the rubber grip. Some use shrink tube over the bare bar to insulate it and better get heat through the grip.

--G

IMO, factory built heated grips work much better than the stick on variety. The PO put Symtec on my FJR and while they work OK, I'll be putting on the real thing when they crap out.
The stick on heating element goes on the outside of the bar / throttle tube, under the rubber grip. Some use shrink tube over the bare bar to insulate it and better get heat through the grip.

--G
Thanks. Would like to go with factory heated grips but they are so damn expensive! Never had the stick on ones. Didn't know how they compared!