Best Place To Buy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$14,299 / 15,890 = 0.90 -- a 10% discount

For my '04 non-ABS from D & H

$9,999 / 11,599 = 0.862

For an '04 ABS from D & H

10,799 / 12,599 = 0.857

If D & H was offering '04 discounts on the 2013 the price would be $13,618.

D & H will be charging $14,200, or $14,300. No other BS fees of course. Gerald expects them to start arriving in February.

With numbers like that...I might fancy a trip to Bama for a Gen 3.
Just a fwiw Wheaton. I flew down there in 08 to buy mine. They are TERRIFIC people - they did pick me up at the airport.

At least back then, Alabama has no temporary plates :( I rode 1st to ST Louis (thanks Knifemaker for the assist in my first oil/filter change) then back home to CT - all without a plate on the bike and had a couple of good lookovers by staties in Ohio & PA. . . When I registered it here in CT I paid the CT sales tax (pretty sure all states are the same, they didn't collect any at the time of sale so you get hit with your state's full boat). I asked the DMV inspector there what would have happened if I was stopped by a CSP officer before I got it home. Answer - it all depends on the cop. He could have had the bike towed or he could have looked at the paperwork & said have a good day.

Knowing that now, if I were to do it again, I would pay D&H in advance, get the title & register it before flying down there and take the plate with me (assuming that could all be don beforehand)

Last edited by a moderator:
Knowing that now, if I were to do it again, I would pay D&H in advance, get the title & register it before flying down there and take the plate with me (assuming that could all be don beforehand)
Dunno about presenting an MSO to DMV, but otherwise bringing a vehicle into Oregon requires a VIN inspection. I think (but don't remember) having to take the Aprilia with me when I took the MSO for it in to get Colorado plates.

$14,299 / 15,890 = 0.90 -- a 10% discount

For my '04 non-ABS from D & H

$9,999 / 11,599 = 0.862

For an '04 ABS from D & H

10,799 / 12,599 = 0.857

If D & H was offering '04 discounts on the 2013 the price would be $13,618.
Using your own numbers:

'04 FJR1300: $11,599 - $9,999 = $1,600

'04 FJR1300A: $12,599 - $10,799 = $1,800

'13 FJR1300A: $15,890 - $14,299 = $1,590

Looks like they're in the ballpark to me.

D & H will be charging $14,200, or $14,300. No other BS fees of course. Gerald expects them to start arriving in February.

With numbers like that...I might fancy a trip to Bama for a Gen 3.
Just a fwiw Wheaton. I flew down there in 08 to buy mine. They are TERRIFIC people - they did pick me up at the airport.

I paid in advance and since it was new there was no vin check on the out of state purchase. I changed my oil in a walmart parking lot, they disposed of the oil, and the Culman experience was great, and I arrived home with a broken in bike and in lust.

Did you really mean February?? Thought they were due in October.
Jerald told me 'most' will be arriving in February. Maybe things have changed. Maybe only a few come in 'initially' and a 2nd order is made and those come in later. Talk directly to the man for the most accurate and recent info.

Jerald told me 'most' will be arriving in February. Maybe things have changed. Maybe only a few come in 'initially' and a 2nd order is made and those come in later. Talk directly to the man for the most accurate and recent info.
I'll check with Jerald. February is not a good month in the Northeast for a fly/ride :cry:

Hi all,

Don't have a bike now, but serously considering the 2013 FJR. A buddy of mine rides and '06 and loves it. My last bike was a GSX1300r, but my 50 year old body will not let me get another one, so the FJR may be the perfect solution.

Anyway, I just talked to Jerald today. He was told when the order was placed that the first ones would arrive in October (which of course is now). So that could mean tomorrow, November, December, who knows. And he quoted the same price to me as others previously posted. Since I don't have a trade and will be paying cash, it's just a matter of timing and price - so it may be February - or perhaps if Sloan's or CoolSprings gets them in earlier and can match the price I'll go to one of them. Ultimately I'll just have to make up my mind if I want to pull the trigger and when.

Last edited by a moderator: