Best place to order Yamaha brakes for my 2006 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2006FJR

Administrator of Transportation
Reaction score
I would like to get the same brake pads that came with my bike and I wanted to know the best place to get them? I know I can go to my local dealer and order them but I wanted to see if there was a website on line that you would suggest for better pricing. I am going to be replacing both the front and the rear.

Hi,

Myself and a few other Aussie forum members buy from Zanotti's, https://www.zanottimotor.com/

The price on parts here are about 4 times as much as in the USA.

We organised a group buy on brake pads 8 months ago, good service and shipping.

Remember that with the 06's and above, you need 2 sets of pads per caliper, ie 4 all up for the front.

Cheers

First of all which brand pads do you have and are trying to buy?

From my experience with many sets of Carbone Lorraine pads on my '07 I would suggest giving them a go. You'll need 8 pads (two cards, each containing 2 pads) for the front and two for the rear. If you do want to try the CB pads, below is all the info you'll need, you can order them from Speigler or Sportbike Track Gear, both have provided excellent service in my past dealings with them:

Carbone Lorraine Brake Pads for GenII FJR1300A

https://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/carbonelorraine_street.cfm

Model: FJR1300 A/AS

Year: 06-

CC: 1300cc

Front Qty: 4 (pads)

Front #: 1175 (SBK5+)

Rear#: 1084 (RX3)

Speigler quoted me $27.95 per "card" (2 pads per card), which comes to around $140 plus shipping in CONUS

Phone: (937) 291-1735

Web: www.spieglerusa.com

General Email: mail(at)spieglerusa.com

Sales Email: sales(at)spieglerusa.com

========================================

Sportbike Track Gear

===================

CONTACT INFORMATION:

888-784-4327 toll free sales

888-784-4327 EXT#503 exchanges

586-786-0911 for International Callers

Questions via email:

orders(at)sportbiketrackgear.com

Andrew Burry

Sportbike Track Gear

Sales / Systems Administrator

888-784-4327 Ext. 203

andrew(at)sportbiketrackgear.com

Thank you guys for the post but I have decided to put the same OEM/Factory brakes on that were there when I bought my bike. This is one of those areas where I prefer not to make a change on what works. I have been very happy with my stock brakes but I can tell it is about time given the way I ride the bike. I will check with my local dealer this morning to get a baseline and call a few of the online places to compare with model numbers.

I would like to get the same brake pads that came with my bike and I wanted to know the best place to get them? I know I can go to my local dealer and order them but I wanted to see if there was a website on line that you would suggest for better pricing. I am going to be replacing both the front and the rear.
Might try

https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx

Or

https://www.greateryamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx

I don't know what ever happened to Gary McCoy. He used to be with University Motors in Fargo, ND and Mondak Motorsports in Montana. He always had great prices and fast shipping. Does anyone know where Gary is these days?

[/quote/]

Try Zanottis. They carry OEM parts at a discount. https://www.zanottimotor.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Plaza Motorsports in Fairview, OR just east of Portland. Have had good prices on the few items I have purchased for my '09.

sportsplazausa.com

Dennis

I paid $362 for 10 OEM pads, and 2 Yamaha oil filters and they will arrive on Friday.

If you wander through the FAQ section you'd find an interesting thread: FJR OEM Parts and Farkle Sources

It might be helpful for future orders.

BTW, I've taken price quotes from Zanotti's to my local dealer and he has matched the price for me. I now get a standard discount that keeps OEM parts in line with internet prices. That way I support the "brick and mortar" store and he still makes a sale.

YMMV.

If you wander through the FAQ section you'd find an interesting thread: FJR OEM Parts and Farkle Sources

It might be helpful for future orders.

BTW, I've taken price quotes from Zanotti's to my local dealer and he has matched the price for me. I now get a standard discount that keeps OEM parts in line with internet prices. That way I support the "brick and mortar" store and he still makes a sale.

YMMV.
Thanks Mike for sharing. I know I could have saved some money but this was one of those times I was just too busy too look so I bought them from our local Yamaha parts dealer. They will arrive on Friday and I can ride my bike to Fairlaner by Sunday to have the work done.

I started by printing the screen with the Zanotti's prices and taking it to my local dealer. I just wanted him to come close, realizing I'd have to pay freight from Zanotti's or any other online source. I was surprised when he matched their price....certainly a "win-win" for me.

Next time, when you have actual time to do so, you might try it.. That way you can still support the local dealer and he makes "some" profit.