Best windscreen for a tall (6'4") guy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I changed my mind lol! I'm going to try an OEM Yamaha touring windscreen. 4" taller so we'll see. What I've learned about windscreens so far is this: no one always likes every single one.
Although at 5'9" I'm not as tall as all y'all, the Touring shield doesn't do squat for me. Works ok all the way down giving a clean air ride, works ok all the way up with decent quiet protection...anything other than those two positions and it's terrible. Nothing but noise and turbulence, failed experiment.

Cee Baileys has been my screen of choice for three FJRs, haven't been disappointed yet!

YMMV

--G

Actually, I changed my mind lol! I'm going to try an OEM Yamaha touring windscreen. 4" taller so we'll see. What I've learned about windscreens so far is this: no one always likes every single one.
Although at 5'9" I'm not as tall as all y'all, the Touring shield doesn't do squat for me. Works ok all the way down giving a clean air ride, works ok all the way up with decent quiet protection...anything other than those two positions and it's terrible. Nothing but noise and turbulence, failed experiment.
Cee Baileys has been my screen of choice for three FJRs, haven't been disappointed yet!

YMMV

--G

Runt
smile.png
How's the weather down there George
bye.gif

6'2" but short of leg, which makes me tall in the torso. Sitting up on a Russell Daylong seat and with some Heli bar risers to raise my torso more, I'm pretty far up there. I've got the biggest, tallest shield available, a first gen Rifle Touring, but I can't stand the heat of that shield in the summer months (great in the winter)

On tour (right now) I am running a Cee Bailey regular contour with a laminar lip on it, while retaining the Rifle tuning bracket to modify the angle of the shield. This is really about as good as you can get. I still get a riffle of wind off the top of my head, which is actually a boon when it's really hot as you can open the helmet top vent and get some relief.

But the other big advantage is the ability to lower the whole deal way low (due to the tuning bracket) and get a lot of clean fresh air when not in the truck turbulent air of the highway. Honestly, I think when you are riding on the interstate there isn't a lot you can do to insulate yourself from all the truck wash. You just have to suck it up and live with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

YMMV

--G

As I said...no one always likes every single one!