Better Grips for AE?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrQ

Reaction score
Just did my first 300 miler. Great ride, but my hands were killing me. The grips feel too small, and they don't have much for grip. Has anyone swapped their factory-installed heated grips for larger or more ergonomic heated ones? Thanks.

Just did my first 300 miler. Great ride, but my hands were killing me. The grips feel too small, and they don't have much for grip. Has anyone swapped their factory-installed heated grips for larger or more ergonomic heated ones? Thanks.
Grip puppies on this site seems to be a favorite, and I would assume the heat would go right through them?

BMW Sport Grips - permanent fix and won't "shed" like the grip puppies. "Bout 10 bucks each.

Will install in five minutes.

I'll post the part numbers you need when I get home - unless someone else as them handy...

You WILL NOT be sorry you bought them!!!

Can I get an "AMEN" on this...???

Last edited by a moderator:
BMW Sport Grips - permanent fix and won't "shed" like the grip puppies. "Bout 10 bucks each.Will install in five minutes.

I'll post the part numbers you need when I get home - unless someone else as them handy...

You WILL NOT be sorry you bought them!!!

Can I get an "AMEN" on this...???
Please do, I'm interested in getting a set of these. Not a fan of grip puppies.

scuba, the BMW sport grips won't compromise the heated ones installed by Yamaha?? Sounds good....

Unfortunately, the BMW grips are not going to work on the AE, just like the Vista cruise doesn't. But for the non-AE bikes, the BMW grips are great stuff.