Beware of Faulty Sidestands and Parking Lots!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assphault. Hee hee. The shyster attorney and I were seperated at birth. And the free cat avatar's a hoot. :p Anyway, I'm troubled that as a rider I might be associated with this moron.

Last edited by a moderator:
I especially like this guys reply.... :lol:

"Unless this space was specifically designated for motorcycles (with a conspicuous sign telling cars to stay out) and you can prove you have a below average IQ or are mentally retarded, then I think you need to chaulk this up as experience value and move on with your life."

He better get out his check book cause he's gonna have to fix that parking space he defaced with that hole he made. :blink:

Seems like the root cause of the fall-over was the heat of the sun compounded by the ignorance of the rider. Not sure who he's gonna sue abt that...himself, maybe?

The Dumbass!!!! Shoulda bought one of odots' porta-tree [SIZE=8pt]tm[/SIZE] leaning stations :lol:

Gunny on the IQ statement there Ax. That was damn funny.

:jester:

Seems like the root cause of the fall-over was the heat of the sun compounded by the ignorance of the rider. Not sure who he's gonna sue abt that...himself, maybe?
Very likely. It's been high 90's and low 100's the past week. It's probably this and some newer asphalt that hasn't set up yet to resist penetration. It can take months....or up to 2 years for Hot Mix Asphalt to cure properly from what an asphalt guy told me.

Isn't it time for AOL to send out those really neat tins with the AOL CD in it? Those tins were AWESOME for side stand plates.

That guy is a hoot! A moron, but a hoot!

"It's not my fault! Who's gonna pay??"

Sad thing is, he's too close to me! It'd be funnier if he was in Maine....or Australia.

Sad thing is, he's too close to me! It'd be funnier if he was in Maine....or Australia.
Why I was just thinking how PNW this whole thing is. You'd be hard pressed to find a native Mainer that would be that shy of common sense. Oh, they might be shy of a few teeth, but not common sense. As for Australia, well, Thuggy kinda confirms your theory.

;)

:lol:

I never have this problem; I always lean my bike against the car next to me.... :glare:

Assphault. Hee hee. The shyster attorney and I were seperated at birth. And the free cat avatar's a hoot. :p Anyway, I'm troubled that as a rider I might be associated with this moron.
That pnwrider got pwned!

And for good measure:

"I was warming my bike up sitting on the centerstand this morning parked next to a tree. I noticed a high pitch squeal/screech for a fraction of a second when starting the bike.

I shifted 55 times in a minute; then the throttle got too sensitive; the seat was too hard, my grips were too hard the throttle spring was too hard and it started ticking and roasted my left leg so I put the sidestand down to take it off the centerstand. I pulled the front brake lever in until it touched the grip. The front end clunked and I stripped the oil pan while I was gently squeezing my anti-lock brakes like an orange to keep them from locking up.

When I was lowering it off the centerstand, the sidestand collapsed and it landed on my metal slider which broke my frame causing my Metzeler tire to fail and both sidebags to unlock and fall off. The car swerving into my lane couldn't hear my wimpy horn and there was no grease on my spline. It was wobbling at 48.5 mph and the buzzing was making my hands numb. I couldn't hear anything 'cuz of the static in my intercom.

The glovebox wouldn't open and the suspension was too mushy. My cover wore the paint off the tops of my mirrors.

Picking it up, I tore my bicep, wrenched my back, both knees and got monkey butt...."

Well, it gives some hope to all you folks who have dropped yer scoot with the kickstand not all way down. Get a lawyer and sue for damages. Bonus if you hurt yerself while all that occurred,

edit/add: Dang why is this board so slow.....I should sue.