Big Daddy's Bad Ass Bar Ends

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaUtah

Reaction score
After mounting a set of large diameter grips on my FJR I always thought the bar ends were a little wimpy. I removed one and found the weight to be lacking. So off to the steel shop and after couple of hours with my father and his lathe we came up with these! What started out life as a piece of 1-5/8" 304 Stainless has become Big Daddy's Bad Ass Bar Ends. (He's not really big. 70 years old, 5'9" and a buck sixty, but I call him Big Daddy anyway.!)

bdba1cj8.jpg

bdba2wj9.jpg

bdba3yy0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if you ever decide you don't like them, you could always pull the handlebars off and use them as dumbells. :haha:

Only joking! Actually I think they look pretty good. Wonder how they'd look if you radiused the ends just a bit and buffed the finish..... :agent:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Mnffjr them there bar ends look fantanstic. And tell big daddy he is a fine crafsman you are so lucky to have a fine big daddywith such good skills. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I got the Top Gun bar ends from FJRgoodies.com. They cost $55 which isn't bad for a set of machined stainless bar ends. When I rode my FJR back from California, one of the stock bar ends fell off somewhere. The dealer must have forgotten to tighten it down. I'll bet Yamaha wants more than FJRgoodies for replacement weights.

Damn John, those bar ends are so big, they even make your mirrors look narrow. :D

BTW what do they weigh in at? Thats a lot of steel your packing there. Cool! :clap:

Excellent job!

Now if you would only explain why on EARTH you have that snowblower jammed up against the left fairing........ :blink:

The blower is mounted to the front wheel so I can ride year round here in Minny. ;)

The bar ends are 1.65" at the fat end, 1.40" at the small end and 1.90" long. They tip the scales a little over a pound each.

The factory ends looked like buttons on the end of the bars.

Snowblower to the left, clubs to the right. Minnesota weird in one illustration. He also has the rare AHAMAY shield installed, the ultimate farkle...... :D

It should also be noted the bar ends don't have any lines machined into them. This is no longer acceptable, everyone knows the cool ones have lines. Lack of lines has been shown to cause ABS problems, I would expect a recall is already underway.

This has been a Public Service Announcement from The FJR Safety Awareness Council on Safety.

I understood the LINED bar ends to be the notation for ghey riders, much like the inverted pink triangle. The lines must be there for "texture" for those riders. The majority of LINED bar end weight owners have spent the last month at the theatre watching Brokeback, Capote and Transamerica. :haha:

Great bar ends. I got mine at the EOM from a local FJR owner who built them on the side. Mine has 3 cuts and colors on them. I think it makes them look a little better. I'm having a hard time cutting the holes into my stemstands base plate to mount my GPS. Turning stainless steel like you've done would be way, way, beyond my skill level. Make some extra and bring them to the next FJR meeting and you will make some other owners happy! :D

Great bar ends. I got mine at the EOM from a local FJR owner who built them on the side. Mine has 3 cuts and colors on them. I think it makes them look a little better. I'm having a hard time cutting the holes into my stemstands base plate to mount my GPS. Turning stainless steel like you've done would be way, way, beyond my skill level. Make some extra and bring them to the next FJR meeting and you will make some other owners happy! :D
Don't bother him now. He's busy making a stainless crankshaft, rods and pistons. And a, ummmmm, prosthesis..........

IMHO 1/4 oz less weight on each one or those aluminum bars might snap right off. :unsure:

Just Kidding :bleh: