Big men in leather suits, where to find them?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgfella

Reaction score
True confessions of a large sport rider:

I'm 6'2" tall, waist 46", Chest 52" and I weigh 300lbs.

I'm looking to buy some leathers as I'm getting into track days.

So far, I've rented some pretty sorry (and smelly) leather racing suits.

I'm interested in buying myself one, but don't feel like going custom or too expensive. I think that $500-$600 is my upper limit.

Any ideas or brands that fit people in my situation?

Your help would be appreciated!

I'm interested in buying myself one, but don't feel like going custom or too expensive. I think that $500-$600 is my upper limit.

No affiliation with this Co. and I have not yet bought a set from them, but am strongly considering making a purchase for track days and the like.

Product Page

1 and 2 PC Custom Leather suits, XS-XXL $375

Reveiws Pages

TILT Custom Leather suit reviews

Another great place is www.foxcreekleather.com. No ties to them; but they have really great leather and customer service.

What's with all the "non-affiliation" goin' down here? You guys trying to hide something?

Save up mate, you are kidding yourself if you think you can get leathers worth wearing that are cheap. I have been down the road in cheap leathers and they just disintegrate. (Us big guys wear through them quicker still as well).

Kangaroo skin is much tougher than cow hide, if you can get it, thats what the racers wear.

It's like your hat, if you have a $2 head wear a $2 helmet.

Just my opinion.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gunny on newenough.com I've ordered stuff from them before and had great service. Also, check ebay. I found my leathers, Teknic Chicane size US54, brand new for $120 shipped. Granted they are Kawasaki Green, but hey. A new 1 piece suit for $120 shipped, the price was way to good to pass up! See my avatar for the pic.

As a hefti rider myself, I can attest that nothing is better looking than a husky on a sport-bike.

The chicks really dig us!!! Maybe get one of Luke's Ton-Ton suits.

fat_biker_1.jpg

(BTW - for the boots, just kick 2 cows in the ass and keep on walking.)

And I wonder why I don't make many friends here.

Poor little zx-12 probably never saw it coming.......Anyway I now look better than someone else in leather. :eek:

Oh and by the way no affiliation....sorry peer pressure.

OK, I'm not nearly as bad as the ZX guy. I think I'm going with the rental leathers again. Until I'm 100% sure about track days, then I can hold off on the $$$

FYI, this is me and a buddy at Keith Code in their rental leathers. I'm the big guy, if you're confused...

IMG_1239.jpg

And big guys do get down!

IMG_8185.jpg

OK, I'm not nearly as bad as the ZX guy. I think I'm going with the rental leathers again. Until I'm 100% sure about track days, then I can hold off on the $$$
FYI, this is me and a buddy at Keith Code in their rental leathers. I'm the big guy, if you're confused...

IMG_1239.jpg

And big guys do get down!

IMG_8185.jpg
That weight may be an advantage as you can really shift the c.g. - but the acceleration might suffer a bit.

Look like great fun.

Can't you wear a stitch suit? What is that like a size 52L?

Google this (no quote marks) "site:craigslist.org motorcycle leathers"

shinypartsup - I measured my pant size

sherman - yes, the weight shift REALLY transfers the c.g. I did the google you suggested and came up with lots of Harley stuff