Big Sky country

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpsfjr

Reaction score
Other than Lolo pass (US 12, king of the twisties), does anybody want to recommend some good motorcycle roads in central and northern Idaho as well as south central and western Montana?

Other than Lolo pass (US 12, king of the twisties), does anybody want to recommend some good motorcycle roads in central and northern Idaho as well as south central and western Montana?

My brother and I are planning a trip out that way too after the 4th of July, so I'll also be interested in replies that you get on this. So far we're planning on eastbound 12 over Lolo, and returning to western Washington over the North cascades Hwy. Havent yet decided where else yet, just want to see some country, and will have a week to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mt Hwy 56 from Troy MT to Mt Hwy 200 is pretty as you go by the Cabinet Mountains. Of course there is the Going to the Sun Road in Glacier NP. Most of the roads in western MT and northern ID are scenic (heck you're in the mountains), but they can be a bit boring on an m/c since they are long and sort of straight. Lolo Pass is a god one too. Not boring, lots of sweepers.

Scott

On the way to CFR I ran this little route...

Google map

Don't forget to stop in Yaak

IMG_0547.JPG

On the way to CFR I ran this little route...
Google map

Don't forget to stop in Yaak

IMG_0547.JPG
SHHHHHH! This is a secret area! I see you found the west side of Koocanusa. This one of our favorite day rides from just north in BC.

For a bit more adventure go west out of Trego (off hwy93 south Eureka) you will find a one lane (with pullouts) paved logging road over to Hwy 37. Good pavement but sure couldn't enjoy the curves.

Latest posts