Bike Bunker

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen this mentioned before. I guess I just don't understand the concept. This thing can't take up much less space than a separate 2-man tent and bike cover.

And why would you want your bike to be inside the tent with you? If you need/want to cover the bike at all it's probably because it is or will be raining. You want a hot steamy bike inside your tent? :unsure: Maybe this is some sort of kinky bike sex thing? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
...why would you want your bike to be inside the tent with you?...You want a hot steamy bike inside your tent? :unsure: Maybe this is some sort of kinky bike sex thing? :eek:
motorcyclesleepover.jpg

Ionbeam, you're killing me. That was funny. However, I'd like to know how you got that picture of me and my FJR last night. Common, dude, this is America. I've got my rights you know. What I do with my FJR is my business. Which reminds me, what do you get when you cross a Feejer with a bone doctor?

--------------A femur. hohoho.

Anyway, after I posted that info about the "tent," it occurred to me that the bike is usually hot after a long day's ride. DUHH. Perfect for those colder nights, but the rest of the year: BAD IDEA.

Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow road, guys.

Gary

darksider #44

I can see two reasons for having the bike in the tent.

#1 is if you run into bad weather, and need a place to work on the bike that is semi sheltered (from rain anyway). I mean if you are really out in the sticks, the nearest actual structure that could offer any shelter could be miles and miles away.

#2 is security. In a crowded campsite, I would sleep much better with the bike inside within my view, than outside the tent where I have to worry about people possibly screwing around with it.

If this tent doesn't take up too much room, I can certainly see getting one.

Some of the places I have stayed in, that wouldn't be a bad idea. You vehicle might actually still be there when you woke up.

I believe they tout things like being able to pack your gear (minus the tent of course) on the motorcycle in inclement weather without getting the gear wet. Also unpacking everything after you get your tent up without getting wet. To me it would be a plus to have the bike out of sight.

From the altrider site:

With sturdy anodized aluminum tent poles (with shock cords) and tough polyester construction, it can be packed up to 8x21 inches (203 x 533 mm) and is a 13 lb (8.9 kg) load that easily fits on a luggage rack. Nomad Tenere Expedition Tent

While we're on the subject, I need to get some sort of the cover for the FJR for when I take her for a run this summer. Want to keep her dry when it rains. Obviously I can't afford the 2 car garage we've been discussing on this thread. Need to buy something inexpensive. I know Yammie sells one, no idea how good/bulky it is. Haven't seen anything used on the forum (except one that sold in an hour). Need some advice.

Gary

darksider #44