Bike Cover for FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrT

Reaction score
I have two bike covers but neither one will cover the FJR, at least with the saddlebags on. I believe one is for a 1500 Concours and the other is a size XL from Guardian(?) I guess it must take a XXL or XXXL since the bags and mirrors are so wide....

What's the popular choice out there in FJR Land?

A Dowco Guardian size Large - Full Dress works for me. The mirrors will fold in case you need a little more room.

Jim

Thanks NightShine -- I did a search for "Bike Cover" but didn't seem to turn up that thread. And after posting, I realized this topic should be under Accessories. Anyway, with the mirrors folded, that might be enough to make the bike covers I already have fit. :D

Found a cover at wallyworld, XL cover made by "Wolf" The XL covers the bike with bags. Best part..., $20!

Problem with the less expensive covers is that they leak after a couple of rains. My Dowco lasted a couple of seasons. It's rapidly dying as far as water resistance goes.

I had a Dowco Guardian for my PC800 and I used that bike every day for commuting. The cover got used rain or shine, parked outside where I worked. It lasted four years before the seams started letting go. The secret is to dry them out completely before storing. I didnt once and the cover mildewed, thatw when it went south.

I picked up a XL "Wolf" cover from Walmart. It might be the best thing I've bought for $19.89 in years. It fits like it was made for an FJR with bags. It is light weight and easy to use. I use it as an indoor cover so I can't say how it is in the wet, but it sure looks well made for under 20 bucks!

I just got the Nelson Rigg UV 2000 in XL. It'the half cover, but it fits OVER my CB +4+3 and my side bags and Givi V46. With all that on, it just fits under both side bags. W/o the Givi, it easily covers both side bags w/room to spare. It does not have any panels that you can lay on hot cans, so you gotta be careful. It comes with a bag you can wear around your waist - not sure why. It's not too big, but big enough and easy to carry. And it was $49 delivered.

Last edited by a moderator: