Bike is Here - But no Paperwork

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbo

Reaction score
My bike arrived Tuesday, the bags came in Wednesday. It is sitting at the dealer all ready to go, but the dealer has not received their paperwork on it yet, so they can not sell it to me. They say the paperwork comes regular US snail mail and sometimes takes a week. Does this sound right?

I can go look at it and sit on it, but can't take it home. I'm not sure this is better than not having it come in yet.

Anyone else have paperwork issues like this before?

Jimbo,

The same thing happened to me in NY. I had to wait for about 4 days for the paperwork to be sent to the dealership. It sounded like a BS story to me also but I was actually sitting in the office when the FEDEX guy showed up with the envelope containing the titles....

I've been riding my bike for a week now with no paperwork. I HAVE a bill of sale. The tittle stuff came in todayand I told the dealer to drop it in the mail. Your state may be diff, but here a bill of sale is out the door then 10 days for tittle reg before a penalty take effect.

Last edited by a moderator: