Bike pickup

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cota95

RI Beach Pop
Reaction score
I'm flying into WI on 6/11 to pick up my new to me 07a that I bought from Radical. Below is my tentative route back home to Rhode Island. I have until Sunday night to get home. Comments?

bikepickup.jpg

Looks like a great ride. If you're interested in cutting some saddle time, check out this link. You can catch the Badger in Manitowoc, Wi and land in Ludington, MI.

SS Badger

Looks like a great ride. If you're interested in cutting some saddle time, check out this link. You can catch the Badger in Manitowoc, Wi and land in Ludington, MI.
SS Badger
Thanks for the tip. I was just looking at the Badger this afternoon. They only have 1 trip a day from Manitowoc at 1:15 in the afternoon. It will be real tight on time to make the boat but it cuts 300 miles off the trip home and should be a nice ride.

I'm flying into WI on 6/11 to pick up my new to me 07a that I bought from Radical. Below is my tentative route back home to Rhode Island. I have until Sunday night to get home. Comments?
Downs:

• Not enough time.
  • The 'palm/hand' of MI is (mostly) boring.
  • Lots of traffic on your proposed route.
  • The SS Badger is slow.
Ups:

• Upstate NY is nice.
  • You can sleep on the SS Badger.
  • Congratulations to both: as they say on 'Barrett-Jackson', "Well bought & well sold".
  • Any ride is great and a ride on (your) new bike is really great.
:)

That sucks you only have two days :angry: Still worth it for the bike though. You'll be drivin' right past my house in Hamilton. Enjoy!!
I've got more than 2 days! I'm picking up on Thursday and I plan on being home Sunday. I just had a 4400 mile trip to Denver and back 3 weeks ago so I don't want to take anymore time than that to keep peace at home :unsure:

When do you plan on hitting Port Huron? That's only 30 mins home; I can help with cutting some time off between Saginaw & Port Huron if you'd like. You need a place to stop over at?

-wayne

This may be a silly question, but... You do have a passport, right George?

PS - Congrats again on snagging the Black Cherry Bomber!

PPS - good you put the subtitle on this post. People might have thought you dropped your bike or sumpthin'!

Last edited by a moderator:
When do you plan on hitting Port Huron? That's only 30 mins home; I can help with cutting some time off between Saginaw & Port Huron if you'd like. You need a place to stop over at?
-wayne
Hi Wayne,

When I hit Port Huron will depend on if I make the Badger ferry. If I make the ferry it should be early afternoon Friday, if not then Saturday morning. We could meet for a break at your house or somewhere along the road. Are you riding yet? How about that route you mentioned.

George

This may be a silly question, but... You do have a passport, right George?
PS - Congrats again on snagging the Black Cherry Bomber!

PPS - good you put the subtitle on this post. People might have thought you dropped your bike or sumpthin'!
Yup, I'm all legal (sort of). Hopefully no dropping, or picking up, of my new bike will be required. :dribble:

That sucks you only have two days :angry: Still worth it for the bike though. You'll be drivin' right past my house in Hamilton. Enjoy!!
Let me know if a ride along interests you. When I'll be in your neck of the woods depends on the the ferry. Should be sometime Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me know if a ride along interests you. When I'll be in your neck of the woods depends on the the ferry. Should be sometime Saturday.

D'oh!! I should learn to read a calander :dribble: A ride along sounds good. I'm actually off that weekend. I could tag along down to the border. You could always cross at Niagara Falls in case you've never been there. I'll PM you my e-mail.

All,

George passed through Michigan today and on into Canada. Annette & I rode north and had lunch with him in Port Huron. It was good to see him and share some time with a fellow rider.

Today was Annette's first time back on the bike since our adventure back in September. It went well: she didn't freak out, and neither did I. It was tough, mentally, for me, but it was a smooth ride, and a major milestone for the two of us.

Wayne

All,
George passed through Michigan today and on into Canada. Annette & I rode north and had lunch with him in Port Huron. It was good to see him and share some time with a fellow rider.

Today was Annette's first time back on the bike since our adventure back in September. It went well: she didn't freak out, and neither did I. It was tough, mentally, for me, but it was a smooth ride, and a major milestone for the two of us.

Wayne
Thanks for lunch! It was great to get together with you and Annette. She seemed fine at lunch-looks like you two are over the hump as far as riding again. I'm glad I was there to see the first ride. I am almost home (about 2 hours away) Ran into a little thunderstorm and figured I'd hold up for the night. I will post up the picture I took of you two when I get home.

George