Bike Security

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tip sensor and some C4 should fix you up. Otherwise, park close and drink lots as long as you can stay up....with the lights on.

I used the T connector for the '06/'07, picked it up fro Road Rider in San Jose and it worked like a charm. I Just installed a break light modulator and tied it into the same T connector. The break light wire is the only one not tapped already in the Scorpio harness, so that made it easy. Plus there's no clipped wires in the factory harness :ph34r: I'm thinking about making that fallen officer ride later this month, so you may be able to snag a peak at it then Jim B) 350 miles to ride 50 miles, and then head back 350 miles. I can do that :D

Oh please come down for the ride. You will love the area and fellow riders. Looking forward to see you soon. :D

Jim

PS how your bike? Is it all fixed?

I used the T connector for the '06/'07, picked it up fro Road Rider in San Jose and it worked like a charm. I Just installed a break light modulator and tied it into the same T connector. The break light wire is the only one not tapped already in the Scorpio harness, so that made it easy. Plus there's no clipped wires in the factory harness :ph34r: I'm thinking about making that fallen officer ride later this month, so you may be able to snag a peak at it then Jim B) 350 miles to ride 50 miles, and then head back 350 miles. I can do that :D

Oh please come down for the ride. You will love the area and fellow riders. Looking forward to see you soon. :D

Jim

All fixed, just got it out of the shop this evening. Already put on the OHFJR rack, Alex reflective decals and a brake light modulator. What a difference between the FJR and the Ninja tho. I've got to re-learn how to ride the FJR :blink:

Jim

All fixed, just got it out of the shop this evening. Already put on the OHFJR rack, Alex reflective decals and a brake light modulator. What a difference between the FJR and the Ninja tho. I've got to re-learn how to ride the FJR :blink:
Good news! Now only thing you need to do is come down here for a long distance ride!

I have a disk lock but don't use it very often, in fact I can't really ever remember using it on the FJR, it's a pain, it's heavy and there's always the threat of losing the key...

Generally speaking I don't think these bikes are big targets.

When I travel I use a cover which helps keep curious folks from looking at your stuff and getting ideas. (out of sight out of mind), and I park it as close as I can get to where ever it is that I'm staying.

I have insurance, and if it were to be stolen, I don't think I want it back. (Have had 2 vehicles stolen, one recovered which was then totaled, and the truck has never been recovered).

Definitely the Scorpio i500, and a good disk lock. I also have a 6' cable from Bully, and a shackle type lock that also works on the disc. I take it with me on road trips. If I can't find something to lock it too, I lock the wheels together. Loop one end around the rear wheel, than lock it to the front disk. Arm the alarm without the perimeter sensor. That way it's not an annoyance. If someone wants it they'll have to carry it. It will be one noisy package to carry away.

I pull tight into a curb, then install the disc lock, cover it up. That's all I'm going to do. I have insurance on the bike and extras.

first floor room...

remove bags, fold in mirrors, drive in...

second choice is dowco cover and kryptonite 'u' lock on front wheel...