Bikes I want

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducati Supermoto.....MV Brutale......Confederate Hellcat.....a good running Bimota VDUE.......and the 06 FJR Im waiting on. That would shut me up for a little while.

9390015621_r6.jpg

That's just bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 For the Buell Ulysses.

I'm gonna ride a demo Ulysses to Deadhorse from Fairbanks in May. If I like it I'll set my sights on getting one in 07. B)

How about one of these
The Speed Triple would sure be on my short list of bikes to own but the nearest dealer is over 200 miles away. Its a shame because Triumph has a good product line and they keep getting better.

Last night Sherri told me not to bother shopping for a bike for her until she has taken MSF and gets all excited and comes and tells me that she HAS to have a bike. As she isn't even signed up for MSF I'm not sure if it will ever happen.
Sounds like you've got a great birthday/christmas/anniversary/just because present in the making. Plan ahead and have her registered and such, and make sure her schedule is free under false pretenses. Let her know shortly before the course so she has time to mentally prepare!

Talk about brownie points!!!!!!

Last night Sherri told me not to bother shopping for a bike for her until she has taken MSF and gets all excited and comes and tells me that she HAS to have a bike. As she isn't even signed up for MSF I'm not sure if it will ever happen.
Sounds like you've got a great birthday/christmas/anniversary/just because present in the making. Plan ahead and have her registered and such, and make sure her schedule is free under false pretenses. Let her know shortly before the course so she has time to mentally prepare!

Talk about brownie points!!!!!!
I have thought of this. Signing her up and dropping the news on her might be construed as pressure rather than as nice. I'll just wait for her to decide to do it on her own volition.

Also, while I really want her to ride her own bike for a few reasons, there are a few reasons I really like her to be 2up with me. Therefore, this is one of those things that if she wants to do it she has my full support, and if not, it doesn't bother me at all.

I guess, just like everything else in life. We just kind of support each other in what we want to do.

All that said, I guess I should just go buy my R6 for now. :D

YOu never know. If my friends come along on the 18th, she'll be riding her new FZ-6... Motivation?
Maybe. Roseville Yamaha has a Galxy Blue FZ6 that I'd love Sherri to get.

Matching bikes: cute. :) I mean COOL!!! B)

Sherri first talked about taking the MSF as we headed out of Cortez in the morning and we were on our way into Utah.

How about one of these
The Speed Triple would sure be on my short list of bikes to own but the nearest dealer is over 200 miles away. Its a shame because Triumph has a good product line and they keep getting better.
Bit of a shame the dealer is such a long way away. Triumphs are very reliable now, so it may be worth a try!

I have thought of this. Signing her up and dropping the news on her might be construed as pressure rather than as nice. I'll just wait for her to decide to do it on her own volition.

Also, while I really want her to ride her own bike for a few reasons, there are a few reasons I really like her to be 2up with me. Therefore, this is one of those things that if she wants to do it she has my full support, and if not, it doesn't bother me at all.

I guess, just like everything else in life. We just kind of support each other in what we want to do.

All that said, I guess I should just go buy my R6 for now. :D
All I can say is that I sure am glad Andrew knows me as well as he does! Dropping the news on me as a surprise/birthday/anniversary/whatever gift that I am scheduled for the MSF course would be less than wonderful. I would not be pleased. Call me a whimp, scaredy cat, or what have you - but this one has to be my idea. I feel so safe and comfortable when Andrew is in control of the bike - not so sure I'd feel so safe myself driving one. I know, you all think that if I took the MSF course I would feel differently, but I have yet to find the right motivation. I mean, seriously, what is better than pressing up next to the one you love going down the road, around the curves, sharing the experience? Personally, I'd miss him if I was on my own bike. Unless of course I could race and beat him, but that probably won't happen since I'm not tall enough to ride an FJR... ;)

You never know though. Find me a bike that is as sexy as Andrew and we might see eye to eye. heh

Sherri

And what would we do for a talented, artistic official photographer if Sherri wasn't able to take action pictures from the pillion seat?

As much as we enjoy riding, you have to do what you are comfortable with. We're always glad to have you along.

And what would we do for a talented, artistic official photographer if Sherri wasn't able to take action pictures from the pillion seat?
As much as we enjoy riding, you have to do what you are comfortable with. We're always glad to have you along.
Orangie & Joy get to buy a video set-up! ;)

Orange vale here is another idea. Forget the bike for now and by her a helmet cam so she can really showcase all the talent that the FJR riders have on their fun trips . Imagine poetry in motion on a motoercycle. :haha: :haha:

weekend rider