Bikes, Open Roads, and Great Friends!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nik.hisham

Reaction score
Hi all,

My favorite part of this forum are the pictures in the ride reports. I'd never been on a bike before but had always liked them as a young boy.

Having friends that ride them, and looking at the awesome pics on this forum drove me to getting my own bike. So one month after picking up my bike from the dealer, I'm off on my first long ride. Five good friends. Three days. 750 miles.

I've got pics below and will share the ride videos once I've loaded them up on youtube.

Enjoy! :)

1. First stop for lunch at Tasik Raban. This was along the East-West Gerik highway.

Here's a video of the ride en-route to Tasik Raban (4 min vid) =>

4394890667_478452672c_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Nice!

I thought some of the pictures were HDR, also.

Very good job on them.

It's great being able to a see a ride report from a part of the world that is so far away.

Thanks!

@ShinyPartsUp, if ever you do find an opportunity to ride here, just remember it is very hot and humid. I was born here and I have a problem with the heat. Also, the locals tend to over-simplify things. Like this one place we stopped at for drinks. The guy told us that there's a nice place to drink about 300 yards in - just follow the road. So we did. It was a huge mistake. The "road" became a dirt path with loose gravel on it and had a really steep incline. I even have it on video below. It doesn't look it from the video, but that climb up was really, REALLY steep.

Here's the vid. ==>

Thanks, that was cool x2, great way to share.

First thought was, what camera was that...awesome pics, but you answered that with the software give-up.

Video is nice also, correct on those skinny roads....Good you guys were cautious and safe riding; not much room for error. Makes for a great ride.

Um that Honda in the first pic. Never seen one like it before; looks nice. And the graphics on that helmet; was that a custom job or they sell them off the shelf like that?

Only seen the solid color scheme of that particular model.

Thanks, that was cool x2, great way to share. First thought was, what camera was that...awesome pics, but you answered that with the software give-up.

Video is nice also, correct on those skinny roads....Good you guys were cautious and safe riding; not much room for error. Makes for a great ride.

Um that Honda in the first pic. Never seen one like it before; looks nice. And the graphics on that helmet; was that a custom job or they sell them off the shelf like that?

Only seen the solid color scheme of that particular model.

Thanks.

The camera I used was a Canon 5D Mark II with either a 17-40L or 35L lenses. I also mounted it to my bike for the videos.

And yes, we were quite cautious the entire time. But we had great fun too! The FJR feels so fluid when I flip it through those tight lefts and rights.

About that Honda, I have no clue what model it is. But I do know its a 600cc bike. But the helmet was custom painted. It belongs to Dave, who is a Scot. He has two flags on the helmet, one is the scottish flag, and I think the other is the family crest. The green, I think is supposed to represent the kilt.

Very cool posts. I'll watch for more from you. Nice to see some Kuala Lumpur-style lane splitting. Maybe soon it'll catch on for some more of these poor US suckers. Good job, great scenery. Thanks.

Also, the locals tend to over-simplify things. Like this one place we stopped at for drinks. The guy told us that there's a nice place to drink about 300 yards in - just follow the road. So we did. It was a huge mistake. The "road" became a dirt path with loose gravel on it and had a really steep incline. I even have it on video below. It doesn't look it from the video, but that climb up was really, REALLY steep.
Here's the vid. ==>

Holy Shit! Good it wasn't raining! Hope the drinks were good when you finally got there.

Outstanding report! I love seeing reports from far off places, keep 'em coming! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

wife just got the same camera last week,i may have to take it to death valley and she can fk with the lightroom stuff...lol