Bill Mayer Seat - Gen II questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenwhipper

Reaction score
Folks - I'm going to go with a Bill Mayer seat. Those of you who have the seat - can you help me with the following questions?

1. Does the seat still allow for the FJR's ability to have two positions on the bike, lo and hi?

2. Do you send them your seat pans, wait and then they send you the new seat on your original pans?

3. I would be getting the 'solo' seat - but does the pillion, then, just stay as is with the stock upholstery?

4. What is your experience with the change in seat height? Does the BMS saddle add height or lower the seat?

Kind Thanks Blokes.

Scott

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Solo: If you don't pay for or send the pillion then it stays as is. That is what I did. You could ask how much to just recover the pillion if you want them to match.

4. The BMS in my case barely lowered seat height.

Folks - I'm going to go with a Bill Mayer seat. Those of you who have the seat - can you help me with the following questions?
1. Does the seat still allow for the FJR's ability to have two positions on the bike, lo and hi?

2. Do you send them your seat pans, wait and then they send you the new seat on your original pans?

3. I would be getting the 'solo' seat - but does the pillion, then, just stay as is with the stock upholstery?

4. What is your experience with the change in seat height? Does the BMS saddle add height or lower the seat?

Kind Thanks Blokes.

Scott
Check the for sale section there is one there.

R

Kind Thanks Blokes.

Scott
1. Yes

2. Yes

3. I do not ride with a pillion but wanted the fabric to match. They give a surcharge to cover the pillion but it only saves maybe $30 over doing the pillion with a passenger. I elected to do a full job on the pillion for a little extra money and was glad I did.

4. I found that it raised the seat height for me a half inch and the passenger about an inch.

Below is my first attempt at posting images:

DSC01845Small.jpg

DSC01846Small.jpg