Bit of Aus' Swervery

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the keep left of the snowpole sign. Another country that doesn't believe in Darwinism?

Yeah, I know that road although I did it in an 80 Series in the wet and was very happy I had constant FWD. Was this area caught in the current fires, I heard today that Craig's Hut was destroyed. Have you tried the Great Ocean Road? I have done it on a Honda 750 four and also an RD350.

Was this area caught in the current fires, I heard today that Craig's Hut was destroyed. Have you tried the Great Ocean Road? I have done it on a Honda 750 four and also an RD350.

Mate - the whole alpine National Park to the west of this road is now closed, while the Alpine Way is only open to fire crews past Omeo. That shot was taken between Dinner Plain and Hotham Village which are still both OK so fingers crossed. Craig's hut was a bit of a way South East from here...the fires have joined up into a single front hundreds of k's long!

Done the Ocean Rd numerous times everything from DR 250's through to my previous XJR 1300. My favourite part of the road is from Apollo Bay to Pt Campbell.

For anyone that doesn't know, that's about 200k's return of sweepers through rainforest and coastal plains in quite a remote part of the State.