Bitten by the Sport Bike bug

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my FJR. Such a great all-around bike that is also a first-class sport-tourer. Lately, however, I find myself lusting after something more sport oriented and, having previously owned a Busa, something with more power.
So, I'm looking at the liter bikes. The GSXR seems to be at the top of everyone's list (750 is also a choice), although the R1 is a much better looking bike, IMO. The Honda is an interesting choice as well. Not so interested in the Kawi's.

There are other choices to consider, like Triumph, but I'll most likely end up with a Jap bike.

So, do your best to nudge me in one direction or another. I can't make up my mind.

And no, I'm not giving up the FJR!
Two words, "V Twin!"

Rick

Im doing some browsing for a sportbike as well. I have an SV650 to play on and may figure out how to set it up for the track but I really want the CBR600RR, it looks sweet, the ergonomics seem to fit me best as well.

Id really like a liter bike for the street but id like to try some track days someday and dont want to start on a liter bike.

bike_hayabusa_k8.jpg

you can actually ride it for more than an hour.

Steve

I had a sport tourer and aslo was bitten by th eHorsepower sportbike bug. I bought the bandit 1250 becasue if the extremely flat tourque curve, it has tons of power. no need to downshift to pass, Just roll on it and go. Buyt alas, i miss my sporet tourer so I am selling my bandit. If your looking for a powerful bike , Might be worht it to look at the new 1250 bandit. Me I am going back to sport touring with more emphasis on touring. If you consider the bandit, Drop me a line I can give you the whole rundown on them. great bike. Very few downfalls to it.

If your looking for a powerful bike , Might be worht it to look at the new 1250 bandit.
I ended up buying an SV650. Not really my first choice, but I had other reasons to pick this one, as discussed in another thread on this board.

I had a sport tourer and aslo was bitten by th eHorsepower sportbike bug. I bought the bandit 1250 becasue if the extremely flat tourque curve, it has tons of power. no need to downshift to pass, Just roll on it and go. Buyt alas, i miss my sporet tourer so I am selling my bandit. If your looking for a powerful bike , Might be worht it to look at the new 1250 bandit. Me I am going back to sport touring with more emphasis on touring. If you consider the bandit, Drop me a line I can give you the whole rundown on them. great bike. Very few downfalls to it.
I also sold my 02 Bandit..Great bike, just way too much work to it to make it a touring bike.

but you can order fairings and bags for the 08's...

Mary