Black hills roundup I I thanks and home safe thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Southern Contingent all made it home safe yesterday. After 600 miles across South Dakota and Nebraska on Monday (whoever said US 20 was a good ride is on ludes) we landed in Omaha where Poolboy picked us up at the hotel and took us out to a local taphouse called "The Taphouse", imagine that. Then onward to St. Louis for the night Tuesday, where we visited the Budweiser Biergarten - AWESOME! Finally, arriving home yesterday after 5,200 miles over 13 days. The last 2,500 miles much smoother than the first 2,700 thanks to BigJohn rebalancing my front tire!!!

It was a fantastic ride and big kudos to BigJohn for putting on a great event! As others have said, thanks to the Lions Club for their assistance as well and their work in the community in general. It was great to see old friends and meet some new folks from the forum. I look forward to seeing many of you again at the end of September at SFO.

Nikki and I made it home today, but now I have to go back to work... DCarver I am jealous, enjoy Beartooth such a great road. Thanks to John for a great time. It was great to meet new friends and catch up with old friends as well.

One more thing, the winds in southern Wyoming were brutal with 40 plus mph gusts, sure kept me on my toes.

Home after 3 days of brutal winds, Wyoming is now on my “ do not ride “ list ! Great to see everyone again and meet new riders from the forum, thanks again to bigjohnsd for organizing the run and the Lions for putting up with the crazies, steaks were GREAT !

Late check-in, but returned with El Toro Joe across the flat, straight and boring plains, and I have the bugs to prove it. 3684 for the trip. My first completed goal on arriving home was to jump in the pool. Even it was hot at 87 degrees!

Not sure how I missed his thread for so long. Dianne and I made it home on July 4th around 5 pm. Great time spent meeting and hanging with great people. 5013 miles by the time we hit the driveway at home. Managed to pick up 23 Tour of Honor memorials and added 44 pressed pennies to our collection. We would have hit our 100 pennies except for a couple of locations that wither no longer had their penny machine or it was broken when we stopped.

Thanks again John for organizing a great event!

Latest posts