blue line on the front tire

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the hell odot??? I've ran over a shit ton of centipedes an never had a tyre turn blue. I think yer a bit high my boy. :dribble: Oh and hydrogen is the only gas you wanna use. That other crap is just to dense.

:jester:

Man, what a bunch of gump answers. Everyone knows that the previous owner was using nitrogen for pressuring the tires up. That blue streak is the nitrogen interacting and breaking down the aluminum rim.
The centripital force brings that nitroluminumoxide through the weakest part of the wheel.....which is not the center as one may think(due to the use of harder rubber on the center). Just outside of the center is the weakest rubber where the nitroluminoxide comes out.
I think odot has a point...

a dull one.

But that was good!

i would tend to agree w/ some of posters...someone had a really fun track day. i had that happen for the first time with my Busa. and that was after 11k miles on the Avons. i was wondering the same thing until someone told me at the track. shortly after that, when i got home and tried to ride around here, the tires wouldn't stick for anything. didn't think it was possible to spin the tire at idle, but the busa did. nothing like feathering the clutch to get going. i went another 2-3k after that before i got enough money to buy new tires. whew. learned a lot with those tires. i need to start looking for tires again, since the rear is a block.

Have fun!

7000 miles huh? What the....

How in the hell....

I really need to go ride with one of you "7K-per-tire" folks to see how you do it. I'd be happy with 4K based on my recent tires. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Spank me.

7000 miles huh? What the....How in the hell....

I really need to go ride with one of you "7K-per-tire" folks to see how you do it.
Somehow, I don't think you'd enjoy it.

I'd be happy with 4K based on my recent tires. What the hell am I doing wrong?
Nothing, imo....I'm thinking you're doing it right.

I don't know what the hell the others are doing?

Saving their tires, I guess...? :unsure:

7000 miles huh? What the....How in the hell....

I really need to go ride with one of you "7K-per-tire" folks to see how you do it.
Somehow, I don't think you'd enjoy it.

I'd be happy with 4K based on my recent tires. What the hell am I doing wrong?
Nothing, imo....I'm thinking you're doing it right.

I don't know what the hell the others are doing?

Saving their tires, I guess...? :unsure:
It's funny though, even when I set out to be conservative on a new set of tires it never gets me anywhere near 7K. I do a weekly commute of about 400 miles (round trip) to Las Vegas plus whatever daily stuff I do during my work week. Neither of those are (necessarily) haulin' ash pace, but my tires just fade away.

Oh well. It's still much better than driving a car.

I really need to go ride with one of you "7K-per-tire" folks to see how you do it. I'd be happy with 4K based on my recent tires.?
You and me both!

What the hell am I doing wrong?
Having too much fun?? But.. there's nothing wrong with that! :D I found that upping the tire pressures, especially when it's hotter weather, improves tire mileage.

As stated, the bluing on the tires is an indication of heat. No one else has mentioned, but you may want to check your tire pressures (just to be sure).

Wow, these answers are all over the place, and that's the serious ones. I've had blueing on my track day tires, usually when I run on days when the temp is 90+ and the rubber's melting into little balls. I've run tires in that condition on one or two subsequent track days and never had any grip issues, but then I'm not necessarily the fastest guy out there, although I do drag my knee and don't have any chicken strips.
My two cents is that your tires are fine and you should be fine if you ride them until they're down to the wear bars. If you're after good handling, change them both at the same time. If you can live with some funkiness in the handling and want to save money, change the rear when it's worn and leave the front on until it's worn. Your choice.
The answers are all over the place. Thanks for the info. That day when i took my class it was 98 in the shade. I think that is the final answer.

Thank you all.

I really need to go ride with one of you "7K-per-tire" folks to see how you do it. I'd be happy with 4K based on my recent tires.?
You and me both!

What the hell am I doing wrong?
Having too much fun?? But.. there's nothing wrong with that! :D I found that upping the tire pressures, especially when it's hotter weather, improves tire mileage.

As stated, the bluing on the tires is an indication of heat. No one else has mentioned, but you may want to check your tire pressures (just to be sure).
tire pressures . 38/40

https://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-tires/avon-storm/