Blueberry Pie

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niehart

Pie Smuggler
Reaction score
For those who understand, no explanation is needed.

For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

One day I had lunch with some friends. Dave, a short, white haired, biker type about 65 years old, came along with them---all in all, a pleasant bunch.

When the menus were presented, we ordered salads, sandwiches and soups, except for Dave who said, "Ice Cream, please. Two scoops, chocolate.

I wasn't sure my ears heard right, and the others were aghast. "Along with heated apple pie," Dave added, completely unabashed.

We tried to act quite nonchalant, as if people did this all the time. But when our orders were brought out, I didn't enjoy mine. I couldn't take my eyes off Dave as his pie a-la-mode went down. The other guys couldn't believe it. They ate their lunches silently and grinned.

The next time I went out to eat, I called and invited Dave. I lunched on white meat tuna. He ordered pie.

I smiled. He asked if he amused me. I answered, "Yes, you do, but also you confuse me".

How come you order rich desserts, while I feel I must be sensible?

He laughed and said "I'm tasting all that is possible. I try to eat the food I need and do the things I should. But life's so short, my friend, I hate missing out on something good.”

"This year I realized how old I was. (He grinned) I haven't been this old before...” "So, before I die, I've got to try those things that for years I had ignored.”

"I haven't smelled all the flowers yet. There are too many trout streams I haven't fished. There's more blueberry pie to wolf down and kites to be flown overhead.”

"There are too many roads I haven't driven. I've not laughed at all the jokes. I've missed a lot of sporting events and potato chips and cokes.”

“I want to wade again in water and feel ocean spray on my face. I want to sit in a country church once more and thank God for his grace.”

“I want peanut butter every day spread on my morning toast. I want un-timed long distance calls to the folks I love the most.”

“I haven't cried at all the movies yet or walked in the morning rain. I need to feel wind on my face.”

“So, if I choose to have dessert, instead of having dinner, then should I die before night fall, I'd say I died a winner, because I missed out on nothing. I filled my heart's desire. I had that final chocolate mousse before my life expired...”

With that, I called the waitress over... "I've changed my mind,” I said. "I want what he is having; only add some more whipped cream!"

Be mindful that happiness isn't based on possessions, power, or prestige, but on relationships with people we like and respect.

Remember that while money talks, BLUEBERRY PIE SINGS!

Thanks Dave, I needed that. I have the place to myself today so I think I'll go to town for lunch. :rolleyes:

That is great to think like that and it's perfectly fine if that's what you want to do.

But today I ate my hot lunch and also had cherry pie afterward.

You're friend is right though, life is to short to deprive yourself of the simple pleasures of life.

So tommorow for my birthday I'm playing hooky and going for a nice long bike ride.

Maybe for lunch I'll get a hotfudge sunday.

Thanks, Dave....you simply, PERFECTLY described why I purchased a box of ice-cream sandwiches tonight.

My son asked "where'd THEY come from?"

I replied "from my happy-place!"

My dad loved fried calamari...You know, the kind most places serve as an appetizer.

When he was in the hospital, I guess he told my mom he really wanted her to bring calamari. My mom didn't because he honestly didn't need it, we thought he was going to get better, and she didn't want the nursing staff to freak out.

My dad died a few days later in that fucking hospital bed. If I would of known that was going to happen, I would have brought him 10lbs of the stuff.

Obviously, we can't (at least I can't) run around eating everything that I would like, 'cuz I'd be 400lbs, but we should take the time to do the things we want. We're only here for a short time, and then it's over. Anything we miss cannot be made up.

In the mean time I'll skip a few lunches and eat dessert instead. I'll also make it a point to turn off the TV and play Barbies with my girls. Good idea Niehart, thanks for Sharing.

Be mindful that happiness isn't based on possessions, power, or prestige, but on relationships with people we like and respect.

Just one of the reasons I love you, Dave. :)

me too
Well yes of course Ladies, and those persistent and pervasive rumors that has been floating around the FJR Forum for years, that Niehart is hung like a horse! jes' sayin'

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who understand, no explanation is needed.

For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

<major snippage>

:clapping: :clapping: AMEN!!!!!! :clapping: :clapping:

...Besides, nothing "sings" like blueberry pie!.....

Last edited by a moderator:
All words of wisdom!

Well most of them anyway.

"Well yes of course Ladies, and those persistent and pervasive rumors that has been floating around the FJR Forum for years, that Niehart is hung like a horse! jes' sayin'"

:eek:

Best regards

Surly

:ph34r:

I'll also make it a point to turn off the TV and play Barbies with my girls.
And after the girls go to bed, you still play with the Barbies in her dream house and her convertible, don't you?

So??? She's dating my Ken-doll Safari action figure...Someone's gotta make sure they get time together.

I consulted an expert...

He agrees.

WheatonFJR080.jpg