bluetooth mp3

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat C

Reaction score
I just recieved my Sena, I have a Tom Tom for my GPS, I have a cell phone with bluetooth. How do you get music with bluetooth? I have a shuffle, is there a way to get music without wires? Do I have to buy a new mp3 player with bluetooth?

I just recieved my Sena, I have a Tom Tom for my GPS, I have a cell phone with bluetooth. How do you get music with bluetooth? I have a shuffle, is there a way to get music without wires? Do I have to buy a new mp3 player with bluetooth?
Be careful in making assumptions about Bluetooth devices. Many will only give you music in mono. Look for the A2DP designation - stereo Bluetooth. You can use your non-Bluetooth MP3 player or other device with a Bluetooth "dongle". Google Bluetooth dongle and you will get lots of hits for devices which can plug into an earphone jack and broadcast Bluetooth. Haven't tried one myself but will probably end out with one, assuming they get reasonable reviews.

Good luck.

Ross

Pat,

What is the source of your music? If it is your GPS. It has to have a BT. If it does not you still have couple options.

1. Get a BT thingy that you attach to your GPS and it in turn turns your non-BT GPS into a BT GPS. If this thingy can send a Stereo sound you will get it in stereo, if not...

2. In about month or two Sena will have a new device called SR10. There is no price on it yet. What I can tell you about it is it will be about the size of an iPhone and you can plug upto 3 devices into it. Hide it under your seat or where ever. And it will send BT signal to the Sena unit. This is a much anticipated unit as you will be able to plug your radar into it as well and get a signal via BT.

3. Let's not forget the stone age. You can always use a wire :)

Let me know if you have no questions on Sena.

Pat,

What is the source of your music? If it is your GPS. It has to have a BT. If it does not you still have couple options.

1. Get a BT thingy that you attach to your GPS and it in turn turns your non-BT GPS into a BT GPS. If this thingy can send a Stereo sound you will get it in stereo, if not...

2. In about month or two Sena will have a new device called SR10. There is no price on it yet. What I can tell you about it is it will be about the size of an iPhone and you can plug upto 3 devices into it. Hide it under your seat or where ever. And it will send BT signal to the Sena unit. This is a much anticipated unit as you will be able to plug your radar into it as well and get a signal via BT.

3. Let's not forget the stone age. You can always use a wire :)

Let me know if you have no questions on Sena.
My music source is my Ipod shuffle with is so small I don't think you can attach a dongle.

My music source is my Ipod shuffle with is so small I don't think you can attach a dongle.
If you attach a set of earbuds to your ipod (I already know that the answer is Yes), then you can connect a BT dongle. The BT dongle basically intercepts the signal that used to go to your earbuds and transmits it via BT instead. Ain't technology great? :yahoo:

If you attach a set of earbuds to your ipod (I already know that the answer is Yes), then you can connect a BT dongle. The BT dongle basically intercepts the signal that used to go to your earbuds and transmits it via BT instead. Ain't technology great? :yahoo:
Exactly.

If your cell phone has stereo Bluetooth (smartphone), you can also use it as a music player. That would eliminate one more onboard device.

If your cell phone has stereo Bluetooth (smartphone), you can also use it as a music player. That would eliminate one more onboard device.
I wish I could figure out how to get music from my computer to my phone.

Where do you get these dongles?

Great phone for a rider, MilSpec rugged. It has music and stereo bluetooth. I would suggest you download the PC or MAC interface software from Motorola. It will connect to your computer with a USB cable to the same port you charge the phone with. The software should help you with connectivity. Your music capacity will depend on the size of your memory card.

If you've ever saved files to a memory stick, this will be the same process typically. Do you have MP3's or AAC (Apple Audio Codec). Your phone will not play well with ITunes without some conversion. Free and not difficult software is readily available.

Great phone for a rider, MilSpec rugged. It has music and stereo bluetooth. I would suggest you download the PC or MAC interface software from Motorola. It will connect to your computer with a USB cable to the same port you charge the phone with. The software should help you with connectivity. Your music capacity will depend on the size of your memory card.

If you've ever saved files to a memory stick, this will be the same process typically. Do you have MP3's or AAC (Apple Audio Codec). Your phone will not play well with ITunes without some conversion. Free and not difficult software is readily available.
I use ITunes for my shuffle, what is AAC? So I need software to get music from ITunes to the phone, is something I I download on the computer? Excuse my stupidity I'm not to computer savy. I just went on Motorola's web site and I seen a download called media link for windows is this what your talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
ITunes is the software that gets your music to your shuffle. It will not work with getting the music to your phone.

Don't get me wrong here Pat, but the best thing you can do is find that computer geek family member or friend to hook you up.

But here is what you will mostlikely want and need to simplify the transfer

Your music resides on your computer. ITunes simply compiles a list with the location to pass it on to your shuffle.

ACC and MP3 are 2 different types of music files ACC is Apple's version of MP3.

If you want to do this yourself (again don't get me wrong here), but Google is your friend. HERE is the results

You also need the cable to connect your phone to the computer. Then simply upload the music to the phone. Pair the phone to your BT headset, and enjoy.

ITunes is the software that gets your music to your shuffle. It will not work with getting the music to your phone.

Don't get me wrong here Pat, but the best thing you can do is find that computer geek family member or friend to hook you up.

Your music resides on your computer. ITunes simply compiles a list with the location to pass it on to your shuffle.

If you want to do this yourself (again don't get me wrong here), but Google is your friend. HERE is the results

You also need the cable to connect your phone to the computer. Then simply upload the music to the phone. Pair the phone to your BT headset, and enjoy.
Thanks for your help I converted some of my songs, now it says I have to have Quick time Pro which costs 29.99. Do I have to have Quick time pro?

Thanks for your help I converted some of my songs, now it says I have to have Quick time Pro which costs 29.99. Do I have to have Quick time pro?
Short answer is No, you do not need Quick Time Pro for music (ACC to MP3 conversion). Quick Time is more of a video editing, format editing tool. What you need for music files can all be done in Itunes.

This LINK should help explain. Keep in mind converting compressed audio files to compressed audio files can result in some quality lose. The Apple support link will explain.

Short answer is No, you do not need Quick Time Pro for music (ACC to MP3 conversion). Quick Time is more of a video editing, format editing tool. What you need for music files can all be done in Itunes.

This LINK should help explain. Keep in mind converting compressed audio files to compressed audio files can result in some quality lose. The Apple support link will explain.
Ok one more question how do I get the music to the phone? I converted some songs from itunes to mp3,I connected the usb cable to computer to the phone now how do I transfer the music to phone?

Last edited by a moderator:

I use aan Iphone 4 with the Tom Tom app in the phone pandora app for music , i tunes or other radio apps and the Collette comunicator as the blue tooth set up on my helmet which includes speakers in the helmet and a mike. Everything is wireless to the helmet, you can listen to music watch the GPS screen on the Iphone listen to turn by trun direction which cuts out the music when it gives directions and it answers the calls on my cell phone autamaticly when they come mutes mutes the music and Tom Tom. Voice clarity on the phone is perfect to tripple digets on the speedo.