BMW Grips for 07 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRski_2007

Reaction score
I'm looking to get the BMW grips that everyone is talking about. What is the part number for the grips and where can I get them? Are the worth the money?

Thanks

I'm looking to get the BMW grips that everyone is talking about. What is the part number for the grips and where can I get them? Are the worth the money?
Thanks
Buy them at www.ascycles.com

right - 32-72-1-458-396

Left - 32-72-1-458-395

When ordering leave out dashes and spaces.

Just put them on over the weekend, they feel right and are awesome. definitely worth the money.

I used Gorilla Glue from Home Depot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

right - 32-72-1-458-396

Left - 32-72-1-458-395

Just put them on over the weekend, they feel right and are awesome. definitely worth the money.

Pics?

Did not find them, I guess they stop making them.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks

right - 32-72-1-458-396

Left - 32-72-1-458-395

They still make them. You'll probably have to call the parts guy direct.

VistaCruise.jpg

Did not find them, I guess they stop making them.
Thanks for the info.

They are there...

I just went to www.ascycles.com

Went to Advance Search typed in the part # 32721458396 and it came back as handle and gave me the option to add them to my cart.

Listed as:

HANDLE

BMW Original Equipment Parts

More Info

$13.80

Thanks

right - 32-72-1-458-396

Left - 32-72-1-458-395

So what is so special about the BMW grips, they look very simple?Just asking.
For me, they just feel right! I like the size, wide outboard then taper down towards the inside. The diameter fits my hand and feel very comfortable.

I'm sure it's just personal choice.

Got mine at FJR Goodies. Just call and ask for Glen. He usually has them in stock, even though they are not listed on web site.

If you plan on putting grip heaters on you should get 2 right side grips so you can put heat shrink tube on left bar. The heat shrink will keep the bar from soaking up the heat.

A.C.

No mods are necessary at all.

I just went to my local BMW dealer and they were hanging on the acc's wall in the parts room. They are a standard BMW "sport grip" replacement grip.

I believe they were right around $10.

I was also able to put the Dual Star grip warmers under them.

They are pretty comfy, IMHO.

Do I have to make any modifications to the 2007 FJR if I want to install the BMW grips?
They are shorter than Yamaha grips. For the throttle side I put a Vista-Cruise throttle lock to take up the space. For the clutch side I moved the clutch housing on the bar to the left to take up the space. Here is a link clicky. This is where I found the info. It is all very simple to do.

Also if you haven't done it yet, now would be a good time to do a G-2 throttle cam, it makes a big difference.

Good luck; A.C.

Latest posts